“Not what I expected but a pleasant experience”
Review of Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #174 of 592 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN BATH A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The Jamie's Italian menu is based on dishes you'd find people eating all over Italy, made with care but delivered without fuss. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients, plus fresh pasta that's made on-site every day, and an award-winning children's menu, too. Set in a gorgeous Georgian conversion in Milsom Place, right in the heart of the town, Jamie's Italian Bath is a great spot for midweek lunches, weekend dinners and everything in between. It also has a chic rooftop terrace boasting some amazing views - the ideal spot for al fresco dining on a sunny day. If you're looking to host a private event or a meeting you can also exclusively hire the Georgian room for up to 28 people, or the bright and spacious upstairs area accommodates up to 70 guests.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Just had a short mid-week break in Bath and decided to visit Jamie's Italian before a theatre visit on the Wed night. Table was booked for 6:15 and the restaurant was probably about a third full.
My first impression was quite curious. From the entrance we were led seemingly through the kitchen and into a small seating area. The decor of the restaurant was in the style of an open Italian kitchen. Meats hanging, veg in baskets and rows of risotto rice boxes guarding the kitchen activities.
Our table was strangely for 4 people (we were 2) and tables for 2 seemed rare. We were offered drinks instantly and the waitress also gave us the option for tap water in addition. Seeing the drinks prices, this was accepted straight away. Drinks were expensive £4+ for 330ml bottle of beer. However I found the food menu priced how I would expect.
My girlfriend had the risotto balls (she's a vege) and was very impressed. I had the meat slate for £6.95 and I actually thought this a good value starter given Italian meat starters in other places can approach £10. The slate also came with a selection of cheeses and chilli salad.
I had the 'Jamie's recommended' Turkey for main. It was very very dry dish so I would not recommend it. I've had similar mains but they usually come with some melted cheese or tomato sauce. Holly had the mushroom cannelloni and again was impressed.
The bill came to £50 for 2 starters, mains and drinks. I didn't feel like I'd paid too much at all.
The atmosphere was ok. It was dark but not too dark. The waiters were quite hectic and the menus were extremely cheap looking but the service was good.
Overall I would recommend it, but probably not if you like a few drinks.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was at Jamies for a small dinner and both the service and the environment were very good. Quality of food was ok, nothing extraordinary in terms of taste though. I will give it another try.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We dropped in hoping for a meal and were told it was a 20 minute wait which we didn't love but accepted. Over half an hour later, having drunk an over priced beer, after a couple who came in after us had been seated, we decided to leave - feeling hungry and unhappy, when we told the staff we were leaving they helpfully said - oh you should have reminded us sooner - really....your job to look after your customers!!! Wake up

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Jamies Place –I’m a big fan of Jamie Oliver, as I am of Jamies Place. When I first looked at the menu, I thought – too many items, he’s not going to get it right. Well, he did. From start to finish, it was fantastic! The service was friendly and attentive. My only surprise was… no red pepper flakes? A great substitute however was a fiery, spiced up pepper oil that did the trick. Don’t miss this one when in Bath.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We only went there once - I can't remember exactly when, but I do remember choosing some sort of salad and when it arrived I couldn't find anything other than lettuce leaves (I think it was meant to have pine nuts and a few other things in it - they simply weren't there). We were given a refund, but it put us off going there again.