“Nice Place to eat, but expensive”
Review of Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #151 of 574 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN BATH A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The Jamie's Italian menu is based on dishes you'd find people eating all over Italy, made with care but delivered without fuss. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients, plus fresh pasta that's made on-site every day, and an award-winning children's menu, too. Set in a gorgeous Georgian conversion in Milsom Place, right in the heart of the town, Jamie's Italian Bath is a great spot for midweek lunches, weekend dinners and everything in between. It also has a chic rooftop terrace boasting some amazing views - the ideal spot for al fresco dining on a sunny day. If you're looking to host a private event or a meeting you can also exclusively hire the Georgian room for up to 28 people, or the bright and spacious upstairs area accommodates up to 70 guests.
“Nice Place to eat, but expensive”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Very warm welcome at the entrance. Average service. Food is good and tasty, but portions are small.
+ Free water
+ nice atmosphere
+ interesting choice of meals
- expensive

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melksham, United Kingdom
“Better Italian restaurants in Bath”
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Having visited in 2008 when it had recently opened I was looking forward to visiting again with friends on Saturday night - although afterwards i wish we hadn't bothered.

On arrival we were shown straight to our table and ordered our drinks. We then ordered our food, they had ran out of 3 starters (arancini balls, sardine bruschetta and baked mushrooms) as they had been busy however I'd have thought a restaurant like this would be very busy on a regular basis as I've tried to go before without booking and failed to get a table! We ordered starters and were all happy with our choices, it was the main courses that disappointed....

3 pasta dishes came out cold and had to be sent back to the kitchen and to be honest they weren't that great - I've made better myself at home! 2 people had the burger which was very dry and they were expecting better for the price. We mentioned this when paying the bill and were given 30% off of our total bill however I don't think any of our group of 6 would be in a hurry to go back.

Bath, United Kingdom
“坑爹的自助”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

太贵了,too expensive! People can get much better food in Chinese or Thai restaurant with 16 pounds!!! why should I say 100 characters or more?

Visited December 2012
swindon
“very bad customer service”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I wrote in early november about a visit to Jamies italian !! Filthy loos very poor food and service. Even more so as my new girl friend wanted to go there and we traveled from swindon a 70 mile round trip. The shocking part was the very negitive response on the night and absolutly no response after contacting the resturant twice since and not been helped with any contact with a head office or area manager. Does the resturant just pay to use the name or is mr Oliver now to busy selling pots and pans and bbq to bother about a restaurant that gets the bulk of its buisness from passing trade or tourists. I would love some one to contact me or is customer service as unimportant as having clean loos

• Visited November 2012
UK
“Good but not great.”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Went on a busy Saturday lunchtime (we booked) and were seated quickly. Atmosphere was very buzzy with an open-ish kitchen which I always like to see. We asked to taste one of the wines before ordering which was no problem, sometimes an issue in many places. Four of us shared 3 starters. 10/10 for the anchovy bruschetta but the ‘Best Olives in the World’….weren’t. Steaks were cooked to order and were good. Side order of truffle fires were ok….far too much truffle taste which overpowered the chip. Coffee fine, service fine, prices a little on the high side but we enjoyed our food so no problem. Not quite 5 out of 5 for me but good. There are lots of other nice places in Bath I would try before coming here again, but overall, not bad at all.

Visited January 2013