“Very disappointed. Well below average!”
Review of Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #144 of 571 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian, European, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN BATH A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The Jamie's Italian menu is based on dishes you'd find people eating all over Italy, made with care but delivered without fuss. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients, plus fresh pasta that's made on-site every day, and an award-winning children's menu, too. Set in a gorgeous Georgian conversion in Milsom Place, right in the heart of the town, Jamie's Italian Bath is a great spot for midweek lunches, weekend dinners and everything in between. It also has a chic rooftop terrace boasting some amazing views - the ideal spot for al fresco dining on a sunny day. If you're looking to host a private event or a meeting you can also exclusively hire the Georgian room for up to 28 people, or the bright and spacious upstairs area accommodates up to 70 guests.
London
“Very disappointed. Well below average!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I'm not at all surprised to find bad comments about Jamie's Italian, I could not agree more. I have been to the Bath branch quite a few times but have found it got worse each time. Last time we went there, we had to wait for a table for 2 hours and our food was served an hour after that, so that's 3 hours in total until we managed to eat. The food was extremely salty and the waitress did nothing more than saying 'okay' when we expressed our disappointment. Never again. I find it only shocking that a famous chef like Jamie Oliver runs such a terrible restaurant.

• Visited June 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
somerset,uk
“Average”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

As a post christmas treat went with my wife,brother in law and sister in law,booked well in advance,with expectation being high as time approched we were all left slightly disappointed.The service you could not fault,very well drilled!,menu choice and food was only average,although I did go for the burger,which hit the spot.Prices were around £31 pp for a 3 course meal with a drink,about right for a city resaturant.Would recommend that you book as it get very busy,as people like myself are perhaps expecting something a bit special,because of its name!.Hope this does not put people off,if Jamie had been there,I am sure it would have been the best place ever !!.

Exeter
“Good food atmosphere and service.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Visited for a late lunch and found the whole experience very good. The staff were friendly and helpful, as we were travelling with my son in his large electric wheelchair they found a table that we could access easily. (The lift was a bit of a tight squeeze though.)
The drinks order was taken and delivered promptly as was all the food.
My wife requires Gluten free food and this was available for most of the pasta dishes on the menu a real bonus. The food was well cooked and very tasty. The whole atmosphere of the place was lively and it had a very good vibe. Would have scored a maximum but the toilet area upstairs was a bit of a mess it looked as if the staff do not check there to often.
Will definitely be visiting this establishment again.

Calne, United Kingdom
“What's happened to Jamie's?”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We have been to jamies as a family several times before. its always a favourite as the atmosphere is lively, the decor quirky, great service and food. We visited twice last week for lunch on both occasions and had the same experience each time. The service was sluggish and it all seemed very tired - including the cleanliness. Despite these let downs the food was reliably good and we all enjoyed our meals. Hopefully this was an off week as we need these treat places!

bath
“So glad we went back”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We went to Jamie's 3 or 4 times when they first opened all was good except the last time where most dishes had to be returned These were over 2 years ago SO GLAD we went back , to be honested we were given some vouchers so we had to go ,but it was totally different staff fab, dishes excellent , I am one of Jamie's biggest fans and hatted the fact that my husband would not eat there.
We had the posh mushrooms on toast to start , which tasted divine , my husband had the burger which he said was the best he had ever had, and I had the special crab linguine without doubt the best pasta dish I have ever eaten. Will I go back yes soon