“Filthy dirty”

Ranked #163 of 577 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN BATH A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The Jamie's Italian menu is based on dishes you'd find people eating all over Italy, made with care but delivered without fuss. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients, plus fresh pasta that's made on-site every day, and an award-winning children's menu, too. Set in a gorgeous Georgian conversion in Milsom Place, right in the heart of the town, Jamie's Italian Bath is a great spot for midweek lunches, weekend dinners and everything in between. It also has a chic rooftop terrace boasting some amazing views - the ideal spot for al fresco dining on a sunny day. If you're looking to host a private event or a meeting you can also exclusively hire the Georgian room for up to 28 people, or the bright and spacious upstairs area accommodates up to 70 guests.
West Wales
“Filthy dirty”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Went for lunch but was really surprised how poor the place was. Very busy and very lively with the kitchen open to the seating area, which I suppose is the vibe they are going for, apart from the fact I don't really want to hear chefs, waitresses shouting at each other when I'm trying to have a conversation and eat my food. When I went to the unisex toilet situated next to the kitchen I looked at the floor and it was absolutely filthy. A complete health hazard. How its passed the inspection I don't know. I would expect a working kitchen to have some degree of spilt food etc but this was engrained dirt from where the floors had not been cleaned properly. Very off putting. Food was ok but nothing out of the ordinary, especially for the price. Would not visit again.

2 Thank juzzywilliams

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
“Nothing special”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

You won't starve in Bath but thought I'd try this place. Walked in no reservation, the place was busy. Service very slow, our chap was nice, very polite but I guess it was his off day. I ordered lamb stew, basic, very basic, my partner had steak was looked great and she enjoyed it. Just my bad personal choice. Wasn't anything special, could have been an Ask or Carluccio's along with those main streamers . Try and enjoy!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank cosmicroy
Chippenham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced and impersonal”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had lunch with our five year old daughter to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Both me and my husband had a seafood pasta dish as a main, a soft drink each, and a coffee afterwards. Our little daughter had the chicken lollipops, a soft drink and two scoops of vanilla ice cream. My pasta dish was OK overall, that is tasty but very little seafood - four thin slivers of scallop- on a large bed of pasta (about £14!). My daughter's dish had three small chicken pieces, three potato cubes and a pot of very finely chopped lettuce with tiny bits of cucumber and carrots (£5.96 - ouch!) - she did not like any of it. Also they never brought a drink with her food as advertised and instead we had to pay another £2.95 for her to have an apple juice. She only ate her ice cream (£1). So, for two pasta main dishes, a small kid's main, two coca colas, one apple juice, an ice cream, and two cups of coffee, we paid £48. Our waitress was probably a student on a holiday job. Also, right at the start of their lunch they had run out of two of their main dishes and there were no sorbets. The food was overpriced for what it was, the restaurant decor was shabby, and it truly felt like a chain restaurant. Not going back and would not recommend either. However, the restaurant is at the heart of Bath with beautiful views.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank popi70
Twickenham, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Went on Xmas Eve, staff very friendly. However, pasta was pretty average and the chilli with crab was just awful. Overpriced for what it is. Hot water tap not working in mens toilets either. The restaurant was popular with young families, we were sat next to a party who were celebrating a first birthday and another table who had a toddler who was allowed to bash the metal chair with a spoon to keep them occupied. Totally manic atmosphere, if you have outgrown the baby and toddler brigade avoid this place.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank N G
bath
“Avoid at Christmas unless you like drunken office parties”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Recently went out with friends for our annual christmas meal at Jamie's. We were looking forward to it as we've had good times there before. This time though was incredibly disappointing as the evening was spoilt by a group of drunken middle aged accountants having their big night out of the year. Disappointing that the staff let them kill the atmosphere on the upper floor and spoil the atmosphere for all the surrounding tables either by sheer volume of boisterous noise or at times by trying their luck chatting up the girls on other tables! In fairness the junior staff suffered with us but they kept serving them lots of expense funded wine so clearly profit came before the everyone else's night out and some decent leadership and people skills were missing from the management. Tables cleared quickly and we finished our meal downstairs after eventually being granted another table all at full price...if only we'd have complained before we paid the bill was the message. We tried!

4 Thank visitor_from_Bath