“Disappointment - do not come here for brunch or at all if you value clean toilets!”
Review of Comptoir Libanais

Comptoir Libanais
Reserve a Table
DesignMyNight
Ranked #108 of 688 Restaurants in Bath
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After having an enjoyable dinner here previously my husband booked a table for a family brunch for my birthday, there were 9 of us.

The service upon arrival at 10.30am was fine however the food took ages to come and was not all brought out at the same time. My daughter and in-laws had almost finished their meals before my husband’s food was even brought out. No water was brought until the very end of the meal, despite asking for it at the outset. They weren’t even busy, we were the only table there at this point! The croissants and pan au chocolat were rock hard and stale. When this was raised with the waitress we were just assured they were fresh that day. The most disgusting thing about the whole experience was the toilets. I took my young daughter to a toilet that was filthy, we went into another cubicle and there was no toilet paper so I popped into another to get some and can only describe what was there as something from a horror film! This was not long after opening on a Sunday morning, from this point I wondered about the cleanliness of the whole establishment if this was the state of the toilets! Nothing was taken off our bill despite mentioning the state pastries, we were given some baclava to take away by way of an apology however that will be going straight in the bin due to my concerns regarding cleanliness. Such a disappointment!

Date of visit: September 2019
JonathanS6737, General Manager at Comptoir Libanais, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Sarah, This sounds like a horrible experience. I can only apologise at this point and assure you I will look into this thoroughly. We have a cleaning company that should have fully serviced the toilets and restaurant that morning, but something clearly went wrong there. I will also look into the service issues you have raised as this is not the standard you quite rightly expect from anyone, least of all Comptoir. could you kindly email me at bath@comptoirlibanais.com and I can update you on the findings and arrange to make amends with you personally. please accept my apologies for this whole episode and I do hope we can put things right and look after you again.
kind regards

Write a reviewReviews (413)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautiful flavoured Lebanese food, friendly knowledgeable staff and pleasant atmosphere. Almost like sitting in a market

Reviewed September 3, 2019

Went here on recommendation from a friend who knew I liked coffee...it did not disappoint! Stayed for a light lunch and even bought some sweets and candy! It was quiet at first, but by the time I left it was buzzing! Loved the exotic decor!
Great loos. Totally disabled accessible.
Will go again to try even more exotic dishes and drinks on the menu!

Reviewed September 1, 2019

This was a spur of the moment choice at the end of a hectic week but as usual the restaurant provided good quality choices and pleasant service.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

Nice place, colourful and attractive.
Tasty dishes, but service a bit slow, we have been waiting to pay the bill for 20min

Date of visit: August 2019