“Great food, great views”
Review of Marlborough Tavern

Marlborough Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Marlborough Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 612 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bath Spa rail station is a short taxi drive away (5 mins) or a pleasant 20 min walk. A City Sightseeing bus stop is directly outside the pub.
Description: Situated around the corner from The Royal Crescent, The Marlborough Tavern combines the atmosphere of a local pub with the quality of a top restaurant. Two AA rosettes, a horde of local & national awards plus inclusions in The Michelin Guide and Good Food Guide bear testimony to their consistent delivery of high quality cooking. They have a clear approach to food ���find the best and freshest ingredients and to create great tasting, essentially simple dishes where the quality of the produce speaks for itself. Food is essentially ��� though not slavishly ��� English in character and takes advantage of locally sourced produce wherever possible. The lunchtime menu features a range of lighter dishes plus some traditional pub classics - and the Sunday roasts are legendary. They have an extensive wine list and selection of local ales. Outside they boast what is arguably Bath���s finest pub garden; a walled courtyard space, it���s perfect for summertime lunching and drinking.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We always go on Sundays after a walk on Lansdown with the dog. She is always made as welcome as we are, and the food is very nice. The pub is big and airy with a fantast view of the countryside through a massive window. I can't wait for the summer as they have a lovely garden.Definitely worth a visit

Write a ReviewReviews (1,195)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were recommended to go there by several of the employees of The Royal Crecent hotell, which is very close by. Initially I wanted to check out some of the other top restaurants in Bath, but the heavy wind and rain and the strong recomendations made us check out the Malborough Tavern.

In retrospect I was very happy about our choice, the food was tasty, the portions where quite big, the price was okay, the waiter was very helpfull, friendly and quick. Our glasses and plates were rarely empty, in fact when it was time for dessert, I could not have another bite :-)

The waiter did recommend me a nice selection of beer, many nice forigen ones, especially from belgium. However, when I am in England I would like English beers. Especially local ones. So next time I drop by, I hope you got more from the local breweries :-)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Thoroughly recommended. It was packed and we had not booked on the half marathon weekend. It looked as if we were out of luck. First the very pleasant and helpful manager tried to get us in elsewhere, and when that failed we left, only to find that a moment or two later she followed us up the street to say that a table unexpectedly had become free. The food was excellent, and we were served by a charming and helpful waitress. We took the advice given on the wine, and it was right. We left, having had a really good meal at a very reasonable price, and feeling that our trade counted and was wanted. It was a great evening all round, and we most certainly will be back. Go there for yourself; you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went for lunch yesterday to this pub. Haven't been here for a while but I'd heard from friends how good it was again so we gave it a try and I'm pleased to say its lost none of its charm or atmosphere! The staff are friendly, professional and very efficient and the food was lovely. We asked advise on their wine list and the recommendation was great and not the most expensive one on offer either! I don't understand another reviewers comments about the triple cooked chips as mine were just great and some of the best chips I have had in recent memory but each to their own. We had 2 courses, side orders, wine, coffee and the bill was very reasonable considering the quality of the food. My husband was so impressed he has booked a business lunch there in a couple of weeks! Marie-Louise Hill

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We have eaten here several times recently and each time found the food fantastic. The staff are all very friendly and there is a very nice atmosphere.