“Very good food”

Strada - Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located next door to the Theatre Royal, Strada is set in the historic Beau Nash house in Bath. Perfect for pre-theatre meals and post-shopping snacks, this popular Italian restaurant chain is famous for its authentic handmade pizzas - which are cooked in a traditional forno a legna wood-fired oven – and its extensive menu of rustic, regional pastas and puddings are made using only the finest fresh ingredients such as Parma ham, extra virgin olive oil and Buffalo mozzarella imported from Italy. Perfect for business lunches and cosy evening meals, you can’t go wrong with Strada’s successful formula of simple, tasty food combined with sleek design, friendly service and a buzzy, down-to-earth atmosphere. The proof, as they say, is in the pizza.
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

A very nice night out great food, fast but not too fast service. The staff were attentive maybe a little too attentive to my wife of my liking, but a good night out. And we will go back again in the new year.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Had our Christmas meal recently. Nice enough place and the staff were pleasant and friendly. The food was ok BUT when the main course was served everything was cold. The plates were not even warmed which made it a lot worse. The desert had been hot as it was stuck to the dish but again cold. The service was slow with big gaps between courses and we got the wrong starter as others in the group had taken ours. They were not interested in putting it right. We accepted the food otherwise it would have caused further issues. So, ok but potentially it could have been a lot better. Would try it again although.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Had high hopes for Strada but was so bitterly disappointed.
Poor welcome to the restaurant, no smiles or friendly service. Our meals were given to the wrong table and I ended up with food that another customer had been playing with before they realised it wasn't their food... Asked for a new pizza, (granted they did give me this), however my boyfriend had finished his food before I even started.
Did we get an apology? Of course we didn't.
The food was actually quite nice but by this point the night had been tarnished.
It is quite simple, the lack of customer service put me off and the mix up with the food just added to the disappointment.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We found this restaurant while walking in Bath. We enjoyed the outside seating. The staff were all very friendly in fact after we had eaten there we were trying to find the restaurant again and happened to ask someone for directions. That person was the chef at the restaurant and not only did he give directions he ended up walking back with us!!The risotto was great! If in Bath don't miss this place!

1  Thank smll
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Loved the decor and the Georgian detail of the building BUT the food was too dull. My husband enjoyed his risotto with sausage, which was generous and tasty. I had a goats cheese salad with 5 tiny pieces of cheese set in a very sad rocket salad. The waiter did bring me a more generous slice of cheese when I commented but not impressed for £10.50.
The wine was very expensive as was the gelato but at least the gelato was delicious.
Couldn't recommend as there is so much better on offer in the town for the money.

1  Thank pimbury