“Wow - Bath's best kept secret”

Acorn Vegetarian Kitchen
Ranked #29 of 568 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A vegetarian restaurant unlike any other. Modern, exciting food using local and artisan ingredients. A place to relax with friends and family, a glass of wine and food to remember.
Bath, England, United Kingdom
“Wow - Bath's best kept secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I don't know why we hadn't been before to this lovely, unpretentious gem set in the heart of Bath, but somehow it hasn't been on our radar. So glad we finally got here, it was spur of the moment on a Monday night, lovely warm welcome, we sat in the window as dusk fell on the city. A strawberry and vanilla Martini started off the evening well (delicious), while others had real ale. Starters were Carrot and Cashew Pate, and Truffled Brocolli, both were so good. Mains were Stuffed Courgette Flowers and Fennel and Apricot Tagine - bingo! - they were every bit as good too. Desserts were up there as well. All in all, I would happily eat here every week, but then it wouldn't be so special. Can't wait to go back - well done Demuths!

• Visited August 2013

“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I visited with 2 non vegetarians, and they were amazed at variety of food available, and the quality. The food was excellent, the only downside was having to choose just one of the main courses! Although our group did taste each others choices, and all agreed each was superb. I will definitely return when I am next in Bath.

• Visited February 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious vegetarian food and lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Demuth's is in the process of changing its name to Acorn, but apparently the chef is staying the same. This is our third visit over the last few years - and the best!
We visited for my husband's birthday - he is vegetarian and I'm vegan. Each of the courses we ate was fresh, beautiful and delicious. The carrot and cashew pate was great and my husband loved the stuffed courgette flowers, but the real star was the dessert we shared. Chocolate ganache with port cherries - amazing... and vegan!! Really inventive dishes, with unusual ingredients and varied textures. It is pricey (£70 for 2, including wine) but worth it for a special occasion. Staff were friendly, attentive and, unusually for most veggie places, service was very prompt.
Good luck in the new guise, Acorn - we'll be back!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Rachel P
Toronto, Canada
“If I could cook veggies like this, I'd be a vegetarian full-time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We took one of those sunrise tours to Stonehenge and one of the stops was in Bath. I had found this restaurant in transit via Google Maps and rushed my family through the Roman Baths in 20 minutes so that we'd have time to eat lunch. We should've skipped the Baths altogether and just went to Demuths so that we could thoroughly enjoy our three course lunch. My husband and I are not vegetarians but we have visited many vegetarian restaurants in Asia and N.America and this was our favorite meal by far. Fine-dining quality food in a relaxed casual setting.

Visited August 2013
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
“Fewer restaurants are as unique as this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We're not vegetarians but we wanted to try this place, veggy food needs to be very inventive to work and we were not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the carrot and cashew pate was truly amazing as was the vegetable tagine. Don't be put of by this being a veggy place, open your mind and try something new. This place does NOT disappoint

Visited August 2013