“Lovely breakfast”

Ranked #119 of 593 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Café Rouge is located on Milsom Street, in what was originally a very grand townhouse. Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the city boasts a wide array of things to see and do. The restaurant features stained glass window effect in the ceiling and is decorated with statues, that can also be found located throughout the city. Book now and experience the history of this beautiful town and restaurant in a welcoming and friendly environment.
Reviewed February 13, 2013

beautiful restaurant, great service, fab food. there were 6 of us and we all had different things and were all very happy with our food. I had a veggie breakfast and the quorn sausages were really well cooked

1  Thank Kwerkybird

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

We came here around 10 am on a Saturday morning . I opted for the children's breakfast which was plenty and it was one of the best breakfasts I've had . Good quality produce and good sausage! Female server was very polite and helpful and catered to our needs .
I would come back here for sure on our next visit to bath . Lovely food!

1  Thank Lauren19821
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My partner and I with our two young children had lunch on a busy Saturday. It was very busy yet they found us a table. Garlic bread arrived quickly to starve off our hunger, but then our 'quick plats' including a steak baguette and fish cakes, and two basic kids meals took 40 minutes to arrive. By then the children were so bored and hungry they could barely eat their food. I have always liked fishcakes, but mine today were overly greasy and peppery. I couldn't even finish them so I waded my way through disappointing French fries. The best part of our entire meal was the chocolate ice cream at the end. We do not mind waiting for half an hour on a busy day, but at no point were the children offered crayons to colour in with as stated on the kids menu. Other than the first order we always had to get the attention of the nearest waiter to get any kind of service. Overall, average to poor food, poor service, but a lovely ambience where most people were clearly enjoying their meal - I hope we were unlucky that day!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This chain of restaurants had always been good and the prices are reasonable as well. The waitress or waiter always will always recommend how the steaks should be cooked and my wife has a gluten intolerance so they were great at recommending meals for her. They were also very accommodating. The restaurants all have quite a nice atmostphere.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was disapointed by this restaurant, the service was very distant and not friendly, the food was ok with a good presentation but not like a french food and not enought at all.