“Lovely place and a warm welcome”
Review of Darwin’s Kitchen

Darwin’s Kitchen
Ranked #74 of 384 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Cuisines: American, British, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Darwin’s Kitchen enjoys a great location in the heart of Shrewsbury with easy walking access to the railway station, local tourist spots and many great independant shops and boutiques. Four stylishly decorated double rooms are complimented with contemporary en-suite bathrooms, flat screen tv's and free wi-fi access. Darwin's Kitchen is the newest addition to Shrewsbury based company The DiTella Group also comprising of The Loopy Shrew and Darwin's Townhouse. The Chefs have carefully created a menu offering guests a social dining experience. The Kitchen offers a wide range of small and bigger plates some British favourites and some inspired from around the globe. Darwin's Kitchen has created a warm and inviting environment, perfect for any occasion. Cosy up on the sofas with your morning coffee and paper, catch up with friends in their tropical, leafy conservatory, treat your nearest and dearest to dinner in The Dining Room, a firm nod to Charles Darwin’s roots and style
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a lovely lunch at Mad Jacks when we spent the day in Shrewsbury. The staff were very friendly and its nice place on a lovely street. My only criticism would be that I had a club sandwich and it was caked in mustard mayonnaise. I don't like mustard so had to scrape it off and I don't know if the menu said mayonnaise but if it did I didn't see it. My husband had the fish finger sandwich which he thoroughly enjoyed and the hand cut chips were very nice.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is the place to go in Shrewsbury. Warm welcome, great service, excellent food and good fun! We went in the evening and had not booked but they found room for us. Home made bread and very good wines were brought very quickly. Don't know if there is outside space because it was too dark to tell but would go back without a doubt.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Food great as ever, some combinations seem a little strange when reading menu but they work. Service professional and polite if occasionally a little slow when restaurant full. Music was a bit loud - table next to speaker on the wall - but was turned down when requested. Will be going back.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We took mom out for mothering sunday for one of the best mothering sunday meals I think we have ever had. The menu catered for everyone and the food when it came looked amazing and tasted amazing. Lovely warm bread to start I had the smoked salmon and beetroot to start which was light and really tasty, my mother had the terrine whcih she said was meaty and tasty. We then split into 2 groups 3 pork and 2 beef, the yorkshire puddings with the beef were amazing tall crispy and again really tasty - I would give anythng to get my yorkshire to rise half as much. The roast came with a nice dish of veg which were cooked but not over cooked, the cali was really well done but it was all nice. Dessert was a hard call but the citrus tart with honey combe was fab and the chocolate and mint mousse looked great but son was not up for sharing.

Service throughout was friendly and very efficient you never felt rushed but dirty plates quickly vanished, the gap between courses was just right.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Mad Jacks is such a lovely place, came here for lunch and could not fault it! The waitress was very bubbly and chatty yet extremely attentive and the food was fantastic. The menu had a wide variety of choice so I will defiantly be back again to sample some more of the chefs delightful dishes! Next time I think I'll skip the starter so I have room for pud!!
Great service but even better food!! Well done!!