“Absolutle craphole”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Grapes Inn - CLOSED

The Grapes Inn
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Shrewsbury
“Absolutle craphole”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Don't go here stay away the women who run it is a horrible hag, discusting towards kids , foods discusting , she wants throwing out of the place the pub it's self is lovely but is run by an out of date , moody , sad hag that needs putting in a nursing home , terrible woman

• Visited January 2014
6 Thank Junthai
The Grapes I, Supervisor at The Grapes Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
At The Grapes we value the opportunity for constructive criticism and customer feedback that tripadvisor gives us. However, if all you want to do is make personal attacks on a staff member, I would ask that you do it somewhere else.
The Grapes
p.s. I think you mean disgusting, not discusting.

“Awful!!!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Went to keep the kids entertained for a while. Floor in the bar sticky and disgusting. Landlady shouting over to bar lady interrupting customers, really rude!!

The dry white wine I ordered was disgusting- warm and foul tasting. One positive is my husband said the Guiness was good

Then ventured into the play barn. All I can say is disgusting, smelly and dirty- yuk- avoid at all costs

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank Kate O
I'm sorry if you did not enjoy your glass of wine, if you had spoken to one of the staff we would have been happy to change it for you. As for our Funhouse, I would like to assure you that it is kept very clean, as is our bar floor. If you would like to speak to one of us in person regarding your experience, feel free to message me your contact details and I will call you back. We hope to see you again.
“Not good”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Asked for a steak to be cooked medium when it eventually arrived it looked like something that was similar to the sole of my shoe, asked the waitress to change it only to be told the chef forgot about it and cooked it to long,why did he send it out I asked, sorry will get you another one, my partner had finished his meal and after twenty minutes I summoned the waitress who said oh dear haven't you had it yet, at last it arrived but I did not enjoy the meal but my dog was pleased when I arrived home with the steak in a serviette, will not be back.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Rob C
The Grapes I, Supervisor at The Grapes Inn, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about your experience of our restaurant, and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of the whole team here at The Grapes for the wait for your steak. I hope that we will see you again so that we are able to deliver the usual high levels of service that our customers expect from us, and we expect from ourselves. If you would like to discuss your experience in person please feel free to message me your contact details, and I would be happy to call you back.
Telford
“Why didn't I read this first?”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I am still fairly new to the area, I thought I had found my favourite Sunday pub (Bicton) but unfortunately they were full. I hadn't planned on cooking so I thought I'd try my next nearest pub, a carvery after all. Deep fried veg and dry meats served by untrained staff was my lesson learnt for this week. On a plus, the decor was classy and pleasing, car park had spaces. The rivals are a lot busier though, and after reading all the other reviews, I know why.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Anders J
The Grapes I, Supervisor at The Grapes Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your carvery on Sunday, I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that all our staff are fully trained, and our veg is only ever steamed or roasted, never deep fried. If you would like to discuss your experience in person please feel free to message me your contact details, and I would be happy to call you back. We hope to see you again.
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service made my day!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We popped in for food after booking a children's party at Fuzzy Eds. I'm struggling with food thanks to horrendous all day morning sickness and what I ordered didn't work for me when it turned up- nothing wrong with the curry definitely me! I ordered something else at the bar and Naythan noticed this and popped over to check that everything was ok. This really meant a great deal and on top of the prompt and friendly service I'd received up to this point gave me an outstanding impression of the pub! Thank you Naythan!

• Visited November 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post this lovely review of our pub. Hope to see you again soon.