“Nothing to complain about but average”

ASK Italian - Shrewsbury
Ranked #113 of 371 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on the High Street, we've created a restaurant with a distinctive new look inspired by modern Italian design. And with the help of our expert friends, including awarding-winning chef Theo Randall, we've created a menu that features a range of simple, classic Italian food and an all Italian wine list.
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Visited with my daughter Sunday lunchtime. There was nothing to really complain about, we had calamari and mushrooms to start. Calamari was nice, mushrooms ok but very very greasy- wish I'd had the calamari. It was margarita pizza and a calzone picante for main which were both fine. Service was ok - bit slow at times. We had a money off voucher so for two courses each and two diet cokes we paid £26.50 which wasn't bad

Reviewed February 23, 2014

The food was lovely and it was quite cheap as it was only £36 for me and my boyfriend. All was well up until we were ready to leave after our meal but could not get the waitresses attention for the bill. We sat for about 15 minutes waiting to leave. But overall the food was great and came in good time.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Food was good although starter and main were brought at the same time with no offer to take the main back.
We were sat near to the kitchen area. One of the girls kept lecturing the other staff (I appreciate her attentions may have been good to try and provide better service)and came across as nit-picking / condescending. The other staff ignored her and walked off or answered back or spoke about her behind her back. Not a comfy experience at all.
Won't be going back there because of this - felt so strongly I emailed the management team. Response was generic and full of excuses.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We booked a table for 4 for a Saturday eening at 8pm. We arrived out of the rain, no reservation area as such, you walk straight into the middle of people eating. Out of the 3 memebers of staff we saw, not one came over to us or made eye contact for quite some time. Then a member of staff came over wearing a scruffy tshirt. We were seated, no apology for the wait, no can I get you any drinks, jus off she went.
We finally got our orders taken after waiting 15 minutes, the food arrived and was delicious but again it took another 20 minutes after we had finished eating for our plates to be cleared.
We asked for an espresso but the machine was broke so an instant coffee was offered, declined but still was nice to be offered an alternative. We were sat near the window, behind our table was a freestanding heater right next to someone table with he wire trailing along the floor, not the best.
I would recommend the food but the service needs some work.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I've been here 4 times over the last 2 years and have always had good service and lovely food. It is not the cheapest of places but it's not trying to compete with the pub chains. The light and airy, minimalist interior makes a pleasant change from the typical modern pub.
I will return and would recommend to others.