“Great place fantastic food”

The Peach Tree Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Peach Tree Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 351 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Shrewsbury's most popular independent cafe bar and restaurant, located opposite the historic Shrewsbury Abbey, the building itself dates back to the 15th century but with a modern twist. We are situated directly next door to Havana Republic bar and restaurant, and also Momo No Ki Ramen Noodle Bar. We also offer a wide selection of cakes and pastries throughout the day accompanied by a great range of coffees, teas and hot chocolate too. Reservations are advisable, and can be made by telephone, facebook, twitter, or through our website.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great place fantastic food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We went to the Peach Tree on Saturday 3rd August with 2 of our friends. We were shown to our table and drinks order was taken quickly. The menu had a great choice of varied food. We all made different choices from the menu which all were delicious. The meals came hot with speedy service. We had 2 deserts between the 4 of us, I can recommend the popcorn brulee, it was a huge portion compared to how small brulee is usually served and it was so tasty. I can honestly say the meals we had were one of the best meals we have had. The restaurant is very nicely set out and decorated beautifully.

Right for the review named "Poor service, bad attitude" We were in the restaurant at the same time as this party, I cannot comment on the table issue and drinks order issue as they were all sat together and had clearly been drinking for a while. But what I can say is that they were very loud and quite rude. For example the fact that when their meals were served 1 lady in particular found the need to bellow across the table what the dish was numerous times like she was stood on a market stall, even we could here the waitress the other side of the room, slapping another ladys backside very loudly whilst staggering enroute to the ladys. With regards to them being asked to move due to the children misbehaving from what we heard and saw this was a relief they had been asked to move. The children which all of them were old enough to realise that sticking your fingers down their throats making themselves heave whilst sat at the dinner table in public just isnt on really. The bizare thing about it was that 2 adults were sat right across the table from them never batted an eye at this behavior...... When they did vacate the table 1 of them did say I knew we should have gone to KFC....

The staff did a fantastic job in dealing the this table and carried on with the great service to the other diners as well. The manager in particular handled things in a professional manner, and apoligised to the whole restaurant afterwards.

This was our 1st visit to Shrewsbury and The Peach Tree, we will be returning here for definite, you will not be disappointed.

2 Thank JulieR20
MartinMonahan, Owner at The Peach Tree Restaurant, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you so much Julie for your very kind comments on what was a rather eventful night - we're all delighted that you had a most enjoyable time at The Peach Tree on your visit to Shrewsbury recently – our entire team pride themselves on producing great food together with great service, so I’m delighted that you felt we delivered on counts!

I believe we have one of the most passionate teams in town – so it really does make their day when their passion and efforts are appreciated.

So thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review to the Trip Advisor community and let others know why we’re Shrewsbury’s most popular independent restaurants!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Shrewsbury!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Super time !!!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went to the peach tree on Saturday 3rd Aug with some friends who have just moved nearby and we were all thrilled with everything ,we had a drink in the downstairs bar where are food order was taken and within 10 mins we were asked to go to our table we did'nt have a starter straight in the main of 2 sirloin steaks,a rissoto and one lobster we all said how well the meals looked and the chips were in a lovely small wire miniture chip basket !! all four meals tasted as good as they looked !!!! .Only two of us had a sweet both had eaton Mess !!!! and four spoons !!!!! all in all it was one of the best meals out we have ever had and will go back again .

• Visited August 2013
Thank you so much Cat Weston for your very kind comments - we're all delighted that you had a most enjoyable time at The Peach Tree on your visit to Shrewsbury on Saturday – our entire team pride themselves on producing great food together with great service, so I’m delighted that you felt we delivered on both counts!

I believe we have one of the most passionate teams in town – so it really does make their day when their passion and efforts are appreciated by such lovely customers as yourselves..

As a Senior Contributor thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review to the Trip Advisor community and let others know why we’re Shrewsbury’s most popular independent restaurants!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Shrewsbury from Manchester!

Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
“A Stay In Shrewesbury”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

we came from Stoke on Trent to stay with friends arrived at The Peach Tree 9pm on the 3rd August 2013 were met by pleasant staff who guided us to our table to take out order for drinks and left the menu. The drinks were quickly served and the food order taken, by a friendly waitress called Mirka.The meals came hot and plentiful and were absolutly delicious we were even told when asked how the food was cooked, it is the first time i have seen my husband finish a meal. This was our first visit to The Peach Tree but it will not be our last, we even got to go to the club they have to listen to the music and dance the night away..

• Visited August 2013
Thank you so much Susan for your very kind comments - we're all delighted that you had a most enjoyable time at The Peach Tree on your visit to Shrewsbury on Saturday – our entire team pride themselves on producing great food together with great service, so I’m delighted that you felt we delivered on both counts!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Shrewsbury from Stoke!

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Poor service, bad attitude”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

First of all I would like to say that the food was excellent but the whole experience was let down by the attitude of certain members of staff. I booked a table for 16 for my wife's 40th birthday. When we arrived we had to wait whilst staff quickly joined tables together to fit us in which I found strange as they knew how many people were in my party. A drinks order was quickly taken but they forgot to bring some of the drinks, an apology was offered after we pointed this out. The look the waitress with grey/white hair gave one of the guests after she asked for the lobster but without the crayfish as if it was a major problem to do this. After we had finished eating the same waitress asked if we would move to another part of the restaurant, when we inquired why, we were informed that it was due to the 4 children in our party misbehaving, which was totally untrue. The children behaved well all through the meal. So rather than move to another area we left feeling rather disappointed after we had just spent £313. Obviously our money was not good enough for them as we felt they were looking down there noses at us the whole time.

7 Thank sunnyh0l
Dear John sunnyh0I - thank you for rating our food a full 5 stars and we hope your wife Emma went on to enjoy her special 40th birthday overall during the course of her special day.

As Shrewsbury's most popular independent restaurant we pride ourselves on the high level of our service we love providing. I have now personally viewed and recorded all the CCTV footage from all the relevant cameras from Saturday 3rd August - and I can confirm that the behaviour of some of the children was indeed sadly inappropriate and also at times potentially very dangerous.

Furthermore the actions by a couple of the adults that then followed (not you incidentally!) was nothing short of disgraceful (again CCTV footage has been recorded). I'm sure you will understand that such behaviour of bellowing abusive and threatening language to both my customers and my highly dedicated team cannot be tolerated under any circumstances.

One of the boys repeatedly and delibrately kept banging into an internal window with his entire body - putting himself and others into a potentially dangerous health and safety situation. Furthermore, it is illegal for minors to drink alcohol on our premises - which again I can confirm took place.

Not only do we NOT condone such behaviour but it could also put our licence in jeopardy, as the police officer who was dining with us on an adjacent table to you pointed out to one of our team on the night. I'm sure you have also read reviews by other customers who witnessed and commented on other behaviour by some of the children.

As I calmly pointed out to both you and some of your 16 guests who were prepared to listen afterwards, we must always bear in mind the well-being and safety of all our customers (including your party) and indeed our team as well (they are also human beings!).

I am more than happy to meet up with you John so that you can also view the CCTV footage for yourself prior to it being published. I'm sure that you will then fully understand that the calm and polite requests to a couple of the adults by my team for some of the boys not to continue to drink alcohol or bang into windows delibrately will be understood.

Clearly the entire situation is highly regrettable for everyone concerned. The reaction by one particular female in your group - who was repeatedly abusive including to myself personally - created an unpleasant situation for all our other customers, your party, and my team.

We are also saddened by her specific threats to publish multiple reviews on here in an attempt to discredit our long-standing reputation. The truth will undoubtedly prevail.

I look forward to hearing from you should you wish to discuss any of the above points further - please email martin@thepeachtree.co.uk or call me on 01743 355055.

As a footnote - one of the customers next to you on the evening pointed out to me afterwards that it was lovely to see that one of the boys come up to their table on leaving the restaurant to apologise for any upset that they had caused - so do please thank him for doing that - they greatly appreciated and fully accepted his apology - and they found it very endearing.

Martin Monahan
“1st time visit”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Came here on a hen night, with 25 others, what beautiful meals and excellent service, lovely rooms to eat, club included to dance after the meal

• Visited August 2013
Thank you so much Bobbie for your very kind comments - we're all delighted that you and the hen party had a most enjoyable time at The Peach Tree (and C:21 afterwards) on Saturday – our entire team pride themselves on producing great food together with great service, so I’m delighted that you felt we delivered on both counts!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!