“Much improved since previous visits”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Shrewsbury Battlefield
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Shrewsbury
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Much improved since previous visits”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I don't normally stay in Travelodges but was very pleasantly surprised and we have already booked to stay again. This is convenient for where we needed to be and lots of facilities nearby including a pub, Starbucks, Burger King, Subway and Spar shop. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Definitely the best Travelodge we have ever visited!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Picked cos it was near where we needed to be, this a better than average Travel Lodge, quiet and fresh, it seemed newer or more recently updated than others I have used recently. It is located near a pub "The Two Henrys" but we did not know until we had arrived so had eaten earlier.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank george b
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2014

First of all any review is by its nature as that one person sees it. Anyway caveats out of the way I was booked into this hotel by my employer and when I saw it my heart sank. Its next to a main road junction (I am a fairly light sleeper) and then I was given a room at the front. Oh well lets see what happens, I had visions of car park noise and noise from the adjacent petrol station et al keeping me awake half the night.
I was wrong.
There was very little noticeable noise in the room, so it seems that someone got the design criteria right on that score. Several good nights sleep were had.
The down side included the extortionate charges for internet access, there is no way this is justified other than as a way of increasing overall profit margins. The other slight problem with this, which the "suits" seem to have overlooked, is that you have to pay on line by credit card (if there is an other option it is not obvious), which is all well in good IF you travel with such things. As I do not go out and about for work unless someone else is paying and has paid in advance I do not carry a credit card so could not use the service even if I were desperate and agreed to the extortionate price. (Lenny Henry's friends are much cheaper and you can pay in cash at the front desk - hint!).
Food, there is a plastic pub adjacent, as to food quality all I can say is that the hand battered cod, chips and peas was totally devoid of flavour, it was like eating cardboard. They actually seemed quite miffed when I politely pointed this out after paying. So please do not hold out hopes for haute cuisine; or anything with flavour. There are a couple of other fast food type places adjacent as well.
Trying to get to the Spar at the adjacent petrol station for breakfast provisions by foot was obviously not part of the design brief, it involves fighting past lorries parked on the pavement etc. Breakfast at the adjacent plastic pub starts halfway through the day unfortunately, and is probably flavour free as well.
All said, if you just want somewhere to sleep, do not need internet access and you eat on the hoof then you could do a lot worse than here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

This travel Lodge was okay. The price was decent, but the service was not very good. My room was not very well cleaned; my sheets were dirty and I had to get them changed. My tea kettle was also a mess, I had to get a new one brought to my room. The breakfast is free, but the food is not that great. I learned the first morning and the second morning I just had a couple oranges.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed at Battlefield just for one night - found it convenient, friendly, clean and everything there and in order for a quick stay. Best point - it's dog friendly and our little dog was made to feel very welcome. There is a pub serving food next door, we didn't use it but it looked fine, also Starbucks and a burger place along with a large petrol station and shop. Suited our needs perfectly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Manchester
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

£35 for a Sunday night. Brilliant. Basic but clean. Very comfy bed. Handy for me visiting family near by. Only thing I was not impressed with was wi fi. I paid £5 for an hours wi fi BUT its just the hour from the minute you enter your code. Not good. But that's my only gripe. Would stay again defo!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rixy09
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We have just stayed at this lovely Travelodge and were very happy with it. The room and bathrooms were spotless, the bed was great and very comfortable and the staff were friendly. It was ideally situated for the city and there was a good pub nearby. I have stayed in some pretty grotty Travelodges in the past but this one was much better than the Premier Inn we had stayed in before moving to Shrewsbury. I would recommend it highly.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were given one at the back away from the carpark