1,674 results
All reviews car park town centre thyme restaurant meal deal bus station multi storey air con overlooking the river per day one way system budget hotel main road clean hotel busy road few minutes walk night's sleep comfy bed
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I don't mind paying for car parking just like everyone else. We parked, paid, went out in the car, came back and no disabled spaces left. I counted 6 disabled spaces and only 1 with a disabled badge. 1 space was taken by a member of staff, no badge and 1 space taken up with bins! The nearest car park is a 5 minute walk away which is fine if you're able bodied, not so good if you're disabled and tired after a long day. There were 3 of us, myself, my Husband and our teenage son and they put us in the smallest room they had! It certainly wasn't a family room. There was a standard double and a sofa bed and no room for anything else! This is not what we're used to at all from Premier Inn. We are used to large double beds, a sofa bed and a large room. And yes, this Premier Inn does have them as we've stayed here before, a number of times! Staff weren't as friendly as usual. They didn't ask us if there was anything else we needed. Since most people use the back entrance where the car park is (if you're lucky enough to get a space that is), you never see the reception staff which makes it all the more important for good contact when we arrive. We won't be staying here again.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank DebbieDryland
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn Shrewsbury Town Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good afternoon Debbie,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We're so sorry to hear that you had so much trouble with finding a parking space when you arrived finding people without disabled badges parking in the disabled bays. This certainly shouldn't be the case and we can assure you that we will be passing on your feedback regarding this to the hotel management team.

We're also sorry to hear that you wasn't happy with the size of the room you were allocated. We do advise guests to speak to the hotel reception team if they do experience any issues with their stay. However, we can understand how disappointing this must have been and we will be passing on your feedback regarding this.

Once again please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and we do hope that you can give us another chance in the future.

Kind regards,

James

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I spent one very comfortable night here. Perfectly straightforward booking and warm greeting at the reception desk. Easy to get in and around the hotel in a wheelchair. Wonderful accommodation with a generous room size and fantastic wet room. We slept fantastically peacefully and awakened rested. We were able to control the room temperature to our preferred range via the box on the wall. The location of the hotel was just across the road from the Severn river and luckily, we had a lovely view from our room. Easy access to the town centre shops - many of which are boutique and independent. Very enjoyable place to stay and I am sure we shall return!

Room Tip: Good views in south facing room, over the main road and trees by the river.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Couldn't have picked a better location overlooking the river Severn. I have never had a bad stay at a Premier Inn. Occasionally there have been problems with the WiFi connection. The room is spacious and the bed is very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and myself were going on a break to North Wales. We stayed here which was half way to our week stay in North Wales. Our booking in was very smooth. Our room first class. We had dinner, we both had Haddock and chips and a lovely house wine. First class as always.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed September 10, 2018

This hotel is ideally placed adjacent to the Bus Station in Shrewsbury and less than 400 yards from the Railway Station: perfect. There is also parking available at the hotel but I have always used public transport.
Facilities in the hotel are ideal and I appreciate the 'meal-deal' too. Love the breakfasts.
I have become obsessed with Shrewsbury: it is a wonderful town FULL of fascinating buildings, many dating back to medieval times. There is so much to see and the alley-ways are fascinating. The river surrounds the town for about 340 degrees: no wonder it was chosen as a place to build a castle. There are numerous churches with varieties of architecture and incredible examples of stained glass. The Dingle garden in Quarry Park alongside the river is beautiful: all within walking distance of the hotel. Not far away by bus or car is Wroxeter Roman City. Many relics from Wroxeter are exhibited in Shrewsbury Tourist Information Centre [which also houses the town's museum] - another excellent facility in Shrewsbury Town Centre with a splendid café. Indeed, there are many excellent eating places in Shrewsbury Town Centre and an amazing array of independent shops - all within walking distance of the hotel.
Premier Inn Shrewsbury Town Centre has become my hotel of choice as a base for exploring not only Shrewsbury Town but also the many wonderful walks available nearby in the 'Shropshire Hills' and surrounding countryside.
The proximity of the Bus Station and the very good bus services and nearby Railway Station give access to many Shropshire villages and out into Wales too. [Beware: no buses on Sundays.]
Shrewsbury was the home of Charles Darwin, who was born bred and educated in Shrewsbury. The town website has a super Heritage Trail and there is also a Darwin Trail too.
Amongst the many exquisite buildings is the quaint and delightful 'Bear Steps' area - don't miss this almost-hidden gem.
Premier Inn Shrewsbury Town Centre Hotel is excellent in every way: conveniently placed, accessible, spotlessly clean, welcoming, very comfortable. For me it has everything I want and I have always enjoyed my meals too. I have stayed here at least four times in the last 15 months: I really like it and the staff.
My only hesitation about recommending it is that perhaps there will not be space for ME next time I want to book because so many more people will have found this super hotel ...

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo