1,674 results
All reviews car park town centre thyme restaurant meal deal bus station multi storey air con overlooking the river per day one way system budget hotel main road clean hotel busy road few minutes walk night's sleep comfy bed
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Couldn't have picked a better location overlooking the river Severn. I have never had a bad stay at a Premier Inn. Occasionally there have been problems with the WiFi connection. The room is spacious and the bed is very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and myself were going on a break to North Wales. We stayed here which was half way to our week stay in North Wales. Our booking in was very smooth. Our room first class. We had dinner, we both had Haddock and chips and a lovely house wine. First class as always.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed September 10, 2018

This hotel is ideally placed adjacent to the Bus Station in Shrewsbury and less than 400 yards from the Railway Station: perfect. There is also parking available at the hotel but I have always used public transport.
Facilities in the hotel are ideal and I appreciate the 'meal-deal' too. Love the breakfasts.
I have become obsessed with Shrewsbury: it is a wonderful town FULL of fascinating buildings, many dating back to medieval times. There is so much to see and the alley-ways are fascinating. The river surrounds the town for about 340 degrees: no wonder it was chosen as a place to build a castle. There are numerous churches with varieties of architecture and incredible examples of stained glass. The Dingle garden in Quarry Park alongside the river is beautiful: all within walking distance of the hotel. Not far away by bus or car is Wroxeter Roman City. Many relics from Wroxeter are exhibited in Shrewsbury Tourist Information Centre [which also houses the town's museum] - another excellent facility in Shrewsbury Town Centre with a splendid café. Indeed, there are many excellent eating places in Shrewsbury Town Centre and an amazing array of independent shops - all within walking distance of the hotel.
Premier Inn Shrewsbury Town Centre has become my hotel of choice as a base for exploring not only Shrewsbury Town but also the many wonderful walks available nearby in the 'Shropshire Hills' and surrounding countryside.
The proximity of the Bus Station and the very good bus services and nearby Railway Station give access to many Shropshire villages and out into Wales too. [Beware: no buses on Sundays.]
Shrewsbury was the home of Charles Darwin, who was born bred and educated in Shrewsbury. The town website has a super Heritage Trail and there is also a Darwin Trail too.
Amongst the many exquisite buildings is the quaint and delightful 'Bear Steps' area - don't miss this almost-hidden gem.
Premier Inn Shrewsbury Town Centre Hotel is excellent in every way: conveniently placed, accessible, spotlessly clean, welcoming, very comfortable. For me it has everything I want and I have always enjoyed my meals too. I have stayed here at least four times in the last 15 months: I really like it and the staff.
My only hesitation about recommending it is that perhaps there will not be space for ME next time I want to book because so many more people will have found this super hotel ...

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Had a great night's stay staff were excellent in all areas and accommodation was exactly what we needed for our stay in Shrewsbury. Thank you to all staff!
Parking facilities excellent with a fabulous courtesy of an extended couple of hours parking to explore the shops!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2018

Ideal Location for travelling by train, easy reach from the station, very pleasant reception staff very helpful, we had a lovely room on the ground floor lovely big bay windows, these windows do not open but the air conditioning was really good and kept the room at the right temperature for us we stayed for 2 nights, ideal location for the town shops and eating places. Room seemed very spacious and bright would def recommend going here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family