“Lovely little place”

Ranked #18 of 379 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a family run Cocktail bar in Shrewsbury town centre, near local amenities and transport. Offering an impressive back bar, friendly service and a wacky food menu to boot. We also feature: Accommodation, Private Dining, Function Rooms, Work Spaces, Meeting Rooms and Facilities for larger parties i.e. weddings or birthdays.
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Always wondered what the new alb was like .. The Albert was a dive . Popped into the alb on sat night with friends... Stunning refurb .. Didn't recognise the place! Fantastic service .. Lovely decor ... Well done !

2  Thank Bullsey

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Had a fantastic meals and service with my family the other night , this venue is a fantastic place and they do a brilliant range of cocktails which I have never tried before ! Now a big fan recommend the message in a bottle amazing ! And I have got to say the best customer service I have had for a long time

1  Thank John T
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Had a loverly meal here last night. It was a Thursday night and was busy had a drink while waiting for table. Menu not large but out of about 7 meals i would have eaten 5 .Wouldn't won't salmon or vegetarian but everything else looked good.My Husband and I had two steaks and a bottle of wine for £30 don't no if this offer is on all the time or we just fell lucky. Other meals were between
£8-£14. Shared a lemon tart dessert this was a bit sweet for us .We then shared cheese and biscuits £6.50 seemed a lot for this but we enjoyed them and their was plenty for two.So all in all nice service and good food.

1  Thank ceasally
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have visited the ALB on several occasions for lunch since it re opened. The pub has been refurbished and is now a comfortable and relaxing place to visit. The service is of a consistently high standard and you do not feel at all rushed. The two for ten menu is very good value and all the food is freshly prepared on the premises.
Before Christmas we took our three granddaughters aged 7, 10 and 12 for lunch including cocktails, the staff were very child friendly, the girls enjoyed the visit and are keen to return. Our visit was at lunch time so we are not sure if evening visits are suitable for children

1  Thank minters1
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have eaten at the ALB a couple of times now with my partner and the food has been great, really good value for money. Chris our waiter was very attentive, and went out of his way to make our whole dining experience extremely enjoyable. It really has a lovely atmosphere and I would recommend the ALB to anyone.

1  Thank millard0607