“Lovely lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Preston, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We went into Poppy`s this Saturday for lunch, nice choice on the menu and also a specials board. For starters we chose a cream of leek, lentil and mushroom soup from the specials board.
The soup arrived promptly and was fantastic and piping hot with croutons and a choice of bread roll. Very tasty and filling.
For the main course we chose from the main menu, Chilli con carne, and I had the roast beef, served with a yorkshire pud and mixed veg and again the food was piping hot and served on hot plates. We didn`t have room for a sweet, as the starter and mains are decent size portions.
Nice relaxed atmosphere in Poppy`s, all the staff are very polite and attentive, Even David the Chef/Owner came out from his kitchen and chatted with us.
We couldn't fault any part of our lunch at Poppy`s, and we`d certainly return to eat there again.
Thank you David and your staff.

• Visited June 2014

“Excellent”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We loved all aspects of this charming and old fashioned restaurant.
It offered us suberb choices of menus and evening meals on friday and saturday night
Well worth a visit .

“Very filling”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Went here the other week for lunch. Thus place used to be more tea-and-sandwiches, but now has a much bigger ranch of menu options.
I had a chicken, ham and leek pie, and it was huge and had loads of meat in it. You can also swap chips/potatoes for sweet potato wedges, which were delicious. Roast vegetable mix was lovely too.
Staff were efficient and very friendly.
I will be going back again to try the lamb burger, maybe in the evenings now that they have a full wine list and now open on Friday and Saturday nights as well as just daytimes,

Visited June 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
“A surprise find”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife and I were in Shrewsbury to meet up with some friends and visit Infinity & Beyond comic shop for their recent birthday bash. We needed to find somewhere that could seat 6 at short notice, and soon stumbled upon Poppy's, which we'd not seen before.

The staff were very helpful and polite, and we were shown the Safari Menu, which is available in June as part of the Shrewsbury food festival preparation. All of my party had a main from this menu, either the Strawberry Chicken, or the Normandy Pork. I must admit, none of us were looking for anything other than a light bite, but when we saw the options, we just had to try them, and at £5 per dish, exceptional value too.
The strawberry chicken was very unusual, but absolutely beautiful. My wife had the Normandy pork, and it too was equally fantastic.

We'll definitely be going there the next time we're in Shrewsbury, I think it's our new favourite restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Davefeeder
Florida
“Love this place”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I take my mother in law here when we are out in town and we love it for lunch. Cajun chicken wrap is amazing! Good service and quaint little building. Back patio is awesome on sunny days as well!

Visited May 2014