“Service just right, food surprisingly impressive and bit quirky”
Review of Eat Up - CLOSED

Eat Up
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving casual food in a quirky way in a relaxed, family-friendly environment. Our own unique blend of coffee,proper dust-free teas and a "Naughty Table" full of freshly baked goodies. Open for Breakfast from 8a.m. and Lunch from 11a.m. Mon-Sat, Evening Dinners Friday & Saturday from 5p.m. and a casual Brunch Service on Sundays from 10a.m.
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Really nice evening in this unusual place.
Service just right. Friendly and attentive without being in your face.
The food was really really nice. Soup gorgeous and served in unique way. Venison cooked to perfection. Crisps bit uneasasry and sickly so wouldn't bother with them. Parsnips with honey were sooooo nice!!!!!
Cheese board was just ok.
Decor unusual and I liked it but certainly not cosey so not for everyone. Prob not most romantic place for a date. We went as big group of girls which was great but did think the echoey atmosphere was but loud for other diners.
Pretty quirky place.
Would recommend as a different eating experience and really well cooked food with impressive service

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had read good reviews about Eat Up and wanted to visit. Today we had a friendly warm welcome and nothing was too much trouble. I like the idea of having a carafe of water while choosing your meal from the great menu. Everything sounded delicious and we couldn't make up our minds! After finally picking the falafel, humous, tzatziki and salad filled pitta, it came beautifully presented and was as delicious as it sounded. I had a hot chocolate, which was the best I'd had for a long time and hubby had an espresso. Lunch for two, just under £20. Eat Up has been furnished in a funky, minimal way with vintage touches, I loved it. And will definitely be returning.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I visited Eat Up for the first time with a friend for lunch. We were greeted with a warm welcome from the staff and were seated next to the big windows which was perfect for people watching below. The decor is enticing and quirky.
We both ordered the same from the lunch menu - stuffed pitta with falafels, haloumi, tzatziki and hoummus and it was absolutely delicious. It came beautifully presented and looked almost too good to eat. I noticed that previous reviews queried the small portions but I needn't have worried as I was completely full at the end of the meal.
The restaurant soon filled up for lunch and there was a great atmosphere, with a variety of people dining. Yes, there were a couple of families but they were no bother and this added to the friendly ambience. The children's area is unobtrusive and I really liked the ethos of the restaurant to welcome and serve all. There is a lift for the less abled or if you do have a pram, so the stairs are not a problem. I will definitely be recommending and returning.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great Shrewsbury spot for eating with family or meeting friends- excellent food, friendly, interesting and helpful staff. Brilliant place for bringing the kids for tea, catching up on the day & getting homework out of the way while the younger kids play. Many a sneaky coffee & treat or lazy lunch has been had at Eat Up with friends with many more to come. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Average as per the rating, visted for lunch, food ok nothing special, quite pricey for the portions, had to wait a while for the meal due to the sudden influx of lunchtime diners, good for parents with children.

2  Thank Stuart F