“Brilliant experience”
Review of Hawks on Walks

Hawks on Walks
Reviewed June 2, 2013

What a fantastic two and a half hours!!
Started off feeding 3 day old eagle owl chicks and finished holding and stroking their mother. Hour long walk with a Harris Hawk flying and receiving on glove followed by another hour holding and petting barn owl and others.
Very knowledgable and friendly staff who really included us in the experience.
Highly recommended

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have just spent two hours in a small group of 9 with Mark and his birds. The first hour was walking by the wood flying the Harris Hawk and it coming to our fists in turn. Tilly and Lucy the dogs provided entertainment along the way. Then we went into the classroom and handled owls and a falcon and got very close to a huge eagle owl plus an adorable baby eagle owl which we were allowed to feed. The whole experience was fantastic and Mark was so informative and amusing. There is an enormous variety of birds of prey to see including hawks, eagles and owls. I cannot recommend the day enough. I bought the experience through an offer on Nectar and I believe there was a similar offer through Groupon so keep an eye out folks, they are unbelievably good value and the fact that there was a small group did not detract from the event at all. Thank you Mark for a great day.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

A wonderful experience watching the Harris Hawk do its thing. The bird has intelligence, incredible agility and a sense of humour. Mark is very knowledgeable and has an easy, relaxed manner. A really good afternoon out. Go and do it. It's uplifting.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I took my disabled sister for a hawk walk for her birthday and was utterly blown away by how good it was. The owner and falconer Mark was incredibly accomidating and wonderful with my sister. Walking a round a private wood with a Harris Hawk flying onto our waiting arms from places unseen as we walked around was breathtaking! Mark was very knowledgable and encouraging the whole expereince was one neither myself or sister will ever forget.

I would recommend it to anyone and advise you ask to 'see the last thing a rabbit would see'.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We wanted to do something different at the weekend and came across the Bird of Prey experience at Battlefield Falconry Centre. What a great couple of hours we had!! First hour flying a Harris Hawk (Khan) under the supervision of falconer Mark, and super-energetic dogs Tilly and Lucy! Second hour in the classroom with three different owls from the centre and the chance to find out loads about birds of prey from the knowledgable staff. Not cheap, but just two of us on the Hawk Walk with Mark (not a group like other similar experiences we researched) and in the class room with owls. You'll have to book ahead it's so popular. Worth it, impressive to see up close the agile hawk glide down and land on your arm to take the food.

2  Thank happygolucky_43_12