“The best service we have ever had!”
Review of Number Four

Number Four
Ranked #5 of 353 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casual and fresh
Welshpool, United Kingdom
“The best service we have ever had!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Number Four recently after reading the positives reviews found on this website. To be honest I'm usually sceptical very positive reviews however the high praise is indeed worthy in this case! I travel a lot within the UK and Mainland Europe on business and I can honestly say that the service that we received at Number Four was amongst the very best that I have had anywhere. I would like to add that the food that we were served was of the same high standard, fabulously tasty. My wife will often say that you eat with your eyes, this is for sure a sentiment she shares with the chef at Number Four as it looks as good as it tastes! Give Number Four a try, you won't be disappointed unless they're already fully booked!!!

2 Thank HDL2013

Shrewsbury
“Disappointed on second visit”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Have been on 2 previous occasions for lunch and enjoyed excellent food. This time booked for a friday evening in October. We both had whitebait for starter which were incredibly salty leaving a taste in my mouth for several hours afterwards. We then had slow roast belly pork to follow which was cooked beautifully but was such a huge piece it was a struggle to get through. It was served with just a few slices of potatoes and a very small amount of a green veg (kale I think) which i thought was a bit unimaginative. We both had pavlova to follow which was a bit dry and powdery. I think this is an excellent place for lunch but needs to think more carefully about the evening menu. I didn't feel like I was in a restaurant although they were charging restaurant prices. The staff were lovely and very attentive.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Tardis!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

What a hidden gem...looks unremarkable from the outside & we had walked past countless times without giving the place a second glance...but open the door and the picture is very different, with the inside reminding me of a light & airy version of Jamie Oliver's Italians! We have had several lunches & this week went for breakfast which was fabulous! They have a lovely set menu and always a couple of specials. Can't wait to go for dinner especially with an amazing Xmas menu coming up through December (2 courses for £16 or 3 for £20).

1 Thank KG1967
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent lunch!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We popped in here on a Saturday lunchtime in October (based on reviews here) and were very pleasantly surprised that they had a table for us within 5 minutes.

It was as good as we'd hoped for, and tastier!

Friendly staff, rapid service and really delicious food.

Eggs royale and mushrooms on toast were cooked to perfection. The sticky toffee pudding was incredibly sweet and wonderful, and the chocolate and beetroot cake was well worth trying. I felt the food was really good value too for the quality.

If I have to make a criticism, it would be nice if they could do something with the bare concrete floor, as it felt a little too stark.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Best steak”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Been a few times but only for lunch and not dinner. Had the set menu-mushrooms on toast for starters with a dollop of mascarpone, delicious but a small portion. Main was amazing-rump steak, hand cut chips(which are legendary) and salad. The steak was perfect, beautiful in fact, it melted in my mouth, was juicy and just was the best steak I think I've ever had. Proper quality. The whole plate was fantastic and I was really happy when it was put down in front of me-compliments to the chef. My friends had some sort of fish and to be fair that looked utterly mouth watering too-a decent sized chunk, literally it was worthy of being in any good food magazine, it looked that good! My lunches there have always been nice but the dinner service is something else. Great waitresses, friendly and very obliging, in a laid back yet vibrant atmosphere. Best meal in ages.