“Great for shrewsbury!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cantina Cafe - CLOSED

Cantina Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Great for shrewsbury!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

What a great place! Its the sort of place you would expect in a big city like London or Manchester, lovely decor. Ive had the pleasure to visit the pantry during the day for breakfast and the food was amazing. My friend had an english breakfast and i had smoked salmon on muffins. Yum! On the same night i took my hubby for a mexican. He totally fell in love with the place. He had a long island iced tea (and is a tough cookie to please) but he said it was wonderful! His eyes were bigger than his belly though and you get so much food we couldnt manage to finish our main meals, it was a bit gutting because we wanted to try the spanish doughnuts. My hubby is now demanding to go again to try the chorizo burger! I've recommended this place to people at work. Its great shrewsbury has lovely hidden gems like this! Screw the big chains in the town this place is lovely and great for the town!

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“WELL WORTH A VISIT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Unpretentious, good food made up from good ingredients cooked simply which does not detract from the food. Good service and a very relaxing and happy atmosphere.

“Fantastic! !!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I am a regular customer at the pantry for lunch and I love the daily specials...by far the cheapest quality lunch in town! I have always been aware that it transforms into a tex-mex restaurant at night but I haven't eaten there before. I decided to give it a go on friday night and it exceeded all of my expectations! To start with, I have to point out that the service was exceptional and the cocktails were perfect! I love cocktails and its rare to have such attention to detail...by far the best cocktails in the town and I think the best ive had outside of London! To eat I had the pulled pork....it was food heaven and although the portions were very generous, I had to eat it all! I was very impressed and they have definately got it right on every aspect. I will definitely be returning and its now my lunchtime hideout for yummy food as well as my go to restaurant at night!!!

“Hunger busting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Had been looking at the menu for a while, finally got the chance to experience for myself, doubled up on a pulled pork sandwich, was warned it was a lot....and wasn't disappointed...! Service was friendly, my daughters steak and prawn fajita was great! Must come back for a cocktail and more of the marvellous food on offer.

Visited August 2013
“Pulled pork heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Had a cracking meal here.
We sat on the bar stools where the food is cooked and watched our meal been prepared in front of us whilst talking to the 2 guys in the kitchen. The biggest burgers I have ever seen freshly made in front of us and a pulled pork bap that would feed a family of four.
Will definitely be eating here again.
Great food great service and really friendly staff