We had not been to Shrewsbury for about 20 years so decided it was time we did. The Lion and Pheasant is Tom Tom friendly but the hotel directions are invaluable as we overshot the first time and it was a big loop back ! Car parking is under the arch behind the hotel I would not like to be in a big 4x4! The hotel is light and airy, the staircase is lovely (there is no lift) our room was light and bright, the bed was excellent but not Kingsized, bathroom was fine. We had dinner by the fire which was lovely it was a Monday so it was a slightly reduced menu but still loads of choice and excellent value. We slept well our room 11 was at the back and very quiet. Breakfast was a mix of self serve fruits, cereals etc and cooked to order hot dishes. Very good. This is an ideal spot for a leisurely walk around a small beautiful historic town with some really wonderful individual shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following major renovations in 2010, the Lion + Pheasant has re-opened as Shrewsbury's most stylish townhouse hotel, bar and restaurant. A unique combination of timeless elegance and contemporary design makes this AA three-star historic inn the perfect destination for an evening out or a longer stay - whether to unwind after a day of busy meetings, or to while away a relaxing weekend in Shropshire's most beautiful county town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lion + Pheasant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lion + Pheasant Hotel Shrewsbury
- Lion And Pheasant Shrewsbury