This was our 3rd stay at the hotel. This time we stayed in a room at the back of the hotel which was much better as it did not suffer from traffic noise. Again it was very hot so the windows needed to be kept open, they do however provide a portable fan if you can put up with the noise. We didn't have dinner at the hotel but the breakfast as always was first class. The rooms are very well maintained and clean.
Only one issue is that they have significantly increased the room tariffs over the last 12 months. So it's becoming an expensive overnight stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following major renovations in 2010, the Lion + Pheasant has re-opened as Shrewsbury's most stylish townhouse hotel, bar and restaurant. A unique combination of timeless elegance and contemporary design makes this AA three-star historic inn the perfect destination for an evening out or a longer stay - whether to unwind after a day of busy meetings, or to while away a relaxing weekend in Shropshire's most beautiful county town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Lion + Pheasant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lion + Pheasant Hotel Shrewsbury
- Lion And Pheasant Shrewsbury