“Steak Heaven”

Ranked #131 of 383 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here after reading the reviews, we were not disappointed. This is not a place for a vegetarian, thankfully for me not an issue. I had a Sirloin on the bone, itslef an unusual cut, cooked exactly as I wanted it. My partner had a Steak and Kidney pudding which was crammed full of top quality meat and an old fashioned pastry cooked perfectly. How we made room for a sweet I do not know, we did and again it was a perfectly cooked home produced dish. I would eat here again if the opportunity presented itself.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Ate at the Burlton Inn last night for the first time with my husband and two friends. The staff were friendly and inviting when we first arrived. We were shown straight to our table which had comfortable chairs and enough room at the table. I decided to try the beef cheek as I had never tried cheek before and it was abosolutely delicious. The meat melted in the mouth and the mash that was served with it was creamy and flavoursome, even the carrots were cooked to perfection. My husband had the large porterhouse steak, which he said was very tender and tasty, one of the best steaks he had ever had, and the chunky chips that came with it were crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, just perfect. All our food was excellent quality. The only negative we thought was that there wasn't quite enough. Me and my friend who also had the beef cheek, felt that a few more vegetables would have been nice.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Burlton provides an excellent old world dining experience in the heart of the North Shropshire countryside. A really tasty dried ham starter, folowed by the slow cooked beef cheek was tasty and melted in the mouth. It went well with a glass of Cumbrian ale. Definately a restaurant to go back to,.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Great food, great location, great staff! They chef was really flexible with my picky Wife :) She didn't like what was on the set menu and he was more than happy to change it! Thank you!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have been to this pub now about 5 times in the last year, every time without fail the food has been excellent as has the service. The choice of wine is very good and my partner who loves real ale is always happy with the choice of ale and the quality. The pubs food prices have gone up I feel quite a lot recently, which is a shame, but then they were probably under-priced previously (we bought pork belly dinner that was very almost as good as food I have eaten in a michelin starred restaurant and it cost £6.95 on our first trip, on our last trip we bought a steak and kidney pudding that was I think around £14). On the subject of price, compared to the pubs where I live (Ironbridge) it is much cheaper and the food is ten times better! I have recommended this pub constantly since first visit and will continue to do so as they deserve it. I do agree with one reviewer that sometimes choice can be limited, but I prefer that to a menu that has too much choice as it is usually at the expense of quality - much better less choice more quality and even when I have ordered something not so bothered about it has always pleasantly suprised me.