1,421 results
All reviews valet parking chambers restaurant royalist restaurant suits of armour complimentary sherry upgraded to a suite fish street cobbled street modern bathroom lovely hotel four poster bed sat nav car park central location old building one way system centre of town
Selected filters
Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

Has we checked in we were suppose to be upgraded to a balcony room it was so small could not walk around the bed , cobwebs were around the curtains and lamp shade in all needed a good clean room 304 .The carpet in the hotel needs updating the lift had carpet up the sides matching the foyer carpet smelt stale , breakfast was very nice , central location next to bars , The hotel itself needs a paint job and new carpets fitted and new doors to rooms there not in character with hotel .In all disappointed for £155

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Mike_Matthews, Owner at Prince Rupert Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2019

Dear Angelina,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I will most certainly follow up your comments with the hotel operational team. I am always very grateful for constructive comments as it provides us with an opportunity to further improve our service, guest hospitality and overall standards.

I should just mention that new high quality Brintons carpets were fitted last year within the hotel and including the lift. In the reception area we used Cloud 9 11mm underlay to add additional comfort to the actual carpets. This was laid throughout the lobby, lounge and restaurant areas.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

Booked as a rehab treat for my Husband who is recovering from a heart attack. From the early e-mail booking through to being greeted with a welcoming glass of sherry at Reception, I felt reassured that all would be fine- and it was! Everything exceeded expetations: location, responsive staff, room facilities and lovely atmosphere. We look forward to returning and will recommend to friends and family.

1  Thank Z2273FJanneb

Dear Jan,

I very much appreciate your fabulous review and please accept my sincere thanks for your five star score.

I am genuinely so pleased to learn that you selected the Prince Rupert in order to assist in the recovery period for your husband and I do hope that he is continuing to gain full health again. It is an honour to know that the Prince Rupert played an important part in assisting him along the journey to being well again.

Once again, I am so thankful for you taking the time to share your experience and I hope to have the pleasure of personally welcoming you back at some point in the near future.

Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

Wow...what can I say about this hotel. The staff are all amazing. Veronica on reception goes above and beyond her duties. She is so friendly and helpful. The rooms are so comfortable. The breakfast is brilliant. We really can no fault our stay here. Loved everything

1  Thank angeladP1345ZY
Mike_Matthews, Owner at Prince Rupert Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2019

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the staff at the Prince Rupert I would like to convey my sincere appreciation for your wonderful feedback and fabulous five star score.

Thank you also for taking the time to post a review. On a daily basis my team read TripAdvisor and I know that they will be delighted to read that we both met and exceeded your expectations during your recent stay. In particular, thank you for your kind words regarding Veronica who was thrilled by your praise.

Once again, thank you so much and I very much hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our beautiful town in the very near future. Indeed, please email direct so that I may personally oversee your reservation details (mm@princeruperthotel.co.uk) and ensure that all the staff are aware of your return visit.

Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with my son and a friend whilst visiting Shrewsbury to watch football. After a very warm welcome and a glass of sherry, we checked in and found our rooms to be very comfortable with everything a traveller could need, I slept very well. In the morning I had one issue with my bathroom, as I am arthritic, I could not get into the bath as the sides were much too high and there were no grab handles on the wall to allow safe showering.

Breakfast was very pleasant, the food was tasty and again served by very friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 175terryg
Mike_Matthews, Owner at Prince Rupert Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2019

Dear Terry,

I was truly delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with your son to the Prince Rupert and I would like to convey my sincere appreciation for your fantastic five star score. I also hope that you both enjoyed the football game.

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the bathroom and I do fully appreciate your comments. As a result of such feedback we have adapted a number of bathrooms to have large walk in showers for single rooms, doubles, twins and our historic suites. Your comfort is our priority so should you be returning to Shrewsbury at some point in the future please email me directly (mm@princeruperthotel.co.uk) so that I can personally oversee the booking details and allocate the most suitable bedroom for you.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful review and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to historic Shrewsbury.

Reviewed January 31, 2019

stayed for two nights in standard room for a weekend. Rate okay, room was on top floor up some steep stairs, there is a lift but you may need to check access. Room was okay but bed small, room comfortable but bathroom needed additional cleaning which was quickly addressed. Did not use restaurant but hotel in good location for other restaurants. Breakfast was overall good and passed my marmite test! Need to consider parking as system for valet parking at £10 per night but on reflection worth it.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Mike_Matthews, Owner at Prince Rupert Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2019

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your experience of staying at the Prince Rupert.

May I also thank you also for your constructive comments which are very much appreciated. I am always very grateful for guest feedback as this enables us to further improve our guest service, hospitality and overall standards. I am pleased that the housekeeping issue was quickly remedied.

Once again, thank you for your posting a review and I hope to have the pleasure of personally welcoming you back on your next visit to Shrewsbury.