Arriving late for a one night stay in Shrewsbury with meetings in the city centre the next morning the Prince Rupert offers an excellent city centre location.
With valet parking the problem of where to put the car is taken care of upon arrival, enabling one to prepare for next days agenda and catch up on as much sleep as possible before the sun rises.
Would thoroughly recommend the Prince Rupert to all business travellers heading to Shrewsbury. The staff running the hotel are all friendly, efficient and the values of the owning family shine through.
For all runners, you can find a super morning run along the river which you can reach only 30 seconds from the hotel, with views across the city providing an inspiring start to the day.
Next time business takes me to Shrewsbury it will be at the Prince Rupert I stay (pending availability).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic grade II listed Prince Rupert Hotel is situated in the very heart of medieval Shrewsbury and just a short stroll from the individual shops and many tourist attractions. Surrounded by narrow cobblestone streets and black and white timbered buildings it provides the perfect base to explore beautiful Shrewsbury. A warm and friendly welcome is always provided to all guests with a glass of sherry on arrival. With the heritage of the hotel dating back to the 12th and 15th century, character and charm abound with sloping floors, exposed Tudor beams and a restored Jacobean staircase. Privately owned for many years by Michael & Diane Matthews, the hotel offers a great choice of dining all with a focus on fresh local produce. The Royalist is ideal for a special occasion with an a la carte menu together with a superb wine list. Chambers brasserie is renowned for its traditional British menu at sensible prices and located at the front of the hotel overlooking the gardens of St. Alkmunds square, Camellias Tea Rooms offers an extensive menu selection including traditional afternoon tea served on a three tier cake stand. A charming place to relax to the sound of a grand piano. Valet parking is provided to the hotel's private car park at a cost of £5 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Prince Rupert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shrewsbury Hotel Prince Rupert
- Prince Rupert Shrewsbury
- Hotel Prince Rupert Shrewsbury