We came to celebrate my partner's birthday and must admit this was a fabulous hotel in the best of locations if you are looking to stay in Shrewsbury...
They have a town center car park which is very handy, and even offer to park the car for you! The room was fabulous. We stayed in one of their 12th Century Mansion rooms - so glad we decided to upgrade as they are worth every penny. If you are looking for somewhere romantic to stay then this is your hotel! Also, the beds are top notch, one of the comfiest we've ever slept on (we even lifted up the sheets to find out the make and we've already started looking to buy one!)
I honestly do not know how people can come on here and write negative comments about this place... Staff: very friendly, food & service: excellent, and room: perfect :)
I stayed down the road in the newly opened Premier Inn last month for business and this place trumps it on every level. A million times more character and The Prince Rupert doesn't rip you off with extras and hidden charges - thankfully the company were paying!!
We are both very much looking forward to returning to this hotel for our anniversary later in the year...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic grade II listed Prince Rupert Hotel is situated in the very heart of medieval Shrewsbury and just a short stroll from the individual shops and many tourist attractions. Surrounded by narrow cobblestone streets and black and white timbered buildings it provides the perfect base to explore beautiful Shrewsbury. A warm and friendly welcome is always provided to all guests with a glass of sherry on arrival. With the heritage of the hotel dating back to the 12th and 15th century, character and charm abound with sloping floors, exposed Tudor beams and a restored Jacobean staircase. Privately owned for many years by Michael & Diane Matthews, the hotel offers a great choice of dining all with a focus on fresh local produce. The Royalist is ideal for a special occasion with an a la carte menu together with a superb wine list. Chambers brasserie is renowned for its traditional British menu at sensible prices and located at the front of the hotel overlooking the gardens of St. Alkmunds square, Camellias Tea Rooms offers an extensive menu selection including traditional afternoon tea served on a three tier cake stand. A charming place to relax to the sound of a grand piano. Valet parking is provided to the hotel's private car park at a cost of £5 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Prince Rupert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Rupert Shrewsbury
- Prince Rupert Shrewsbury
- Shrewsbury Hotel Prince Rupert