“Best Tapas Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Naranjo

Casa Naranjo
Ranked #2 of 347 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Opened in October 2010, Casa Naranjo is a family run tapas bar in the centre of Shrewsbury. Serving fresh, homemade tapas in friendly surroundings. Casa Naranjo is run by Ramon and Marta who warmly welcome you to their little tapas bar. Located just off the Wyle Cop in Barracks Passage, Bienvenidos!
“Best Tapas Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Really friendly atmosphere. The staff were polite, accommodating and knowledgable. Every dish was equisite. Would recommend to any food lover! Perfection.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“I really want to like this place...but it lets me down every time!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I've visited this restaurant 3 times now as I live nearby and love tapas...which you'd think would be ideal...but it really isn't!! Every time I've been the authentic Spanish waiters have got the orders wrong and 3 times now they have brought me red wine when I've asked for white...once maybe but on the following 2 times I even pointed at the one I wanted!? There are a couple of great dishes like the stuffed peppers and chicken thighs but I agree with a previous comments about the dishes being really oily...especially recently!! Portion sizes compared to the price for each dish I personally think is a little steep...on the two occasions ive been with my boyfriend he's still been hungry once we had left!! I've been to other tapas bars where when you order more bread its complimentary where as here they charge you £2/3 for small basket if hard bread!? I really want to like this place but after my third failed I won't be returning or recommending.

1 Thank rosey p
Broseley, United Kingdom
“The worst meal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

After staying away for sometime I ventured back.

It was bad 12 months ago but how did it get worse?????

Food was greasy and unappetising, particularly loved the chipped plates (sure the EHO would be impressed).

However the food still remained better than the service.

Think it's time for a rethink!

4 Thank maryfairy094
“Tapas to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Had a really good night in casa naranjo the food was really good and tasty, the atmosphere was relaxed

2 Thank Matttoakes
Shrewsbury
“Friendly and great tasting food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

A very friendly welcome and warm and relaxed atmosphere.

Beauty of tapas is we all ordered different dishes and shared these whilst enjoying very good wine.

Note of caution you do have to walk upstairs to the dining room so if mobility is an issue bear this in mind and the toilets are at the bottom of the stairs so again be wary....

But do not let this put you off go and enjoy CASA NARANJO!

Visited February 2013