Review Highlights
Unique and beautiful, great wallking, unmissable

Reviewed 4 days ago
Barry E
Worcester, United Kingdom
Fantastic

Reviewed 1 week ago
R M
via mobile

All reviews swiss bridge santa safari every corner strenuous walk treasure hunt up hill sturdy footwear walking shoes steep steps hour walk breathtaking views well worth the effort worth the climb great walk children aged nooks and crannies take your time
Reviewed 4 days ago

An unmissable, magical place, with a surprise around every corner. Beautiful landscaping, ancient trees, established rhododendron forest, fascinating follies, narrow gorges. We arrived later than planned and regretted it, this place is a full day out and we found ourselves rushing along trying to see as much as possible. We took our three children, 6,5 & 1, much of the terrain is challenging and certainly not buggy friendly, a good child carrier would be useful for babies. Sensible footwear recommended and there are lots of steps to be negotiated too, a certain level of fitness required but our eldest two managed unaided. The kids loved climbing the tower, exploring the caves, edging through narrow cuttings in the rock. Overall, a brilliant day out, and anyone who rates this place based on their café experience, which we didn't have time to try, is rather missing the point of this wonderful place.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We visited for the Halloween Trial. Fantastic.Actors dotted around the park telling Halloween stories in character. The Witch in particular was amazing. The park itself is stunning, particularly in Autumn. We took a picnic, lots of places to stop and eat. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

After paying to get in we visited the cafe first, planning to have a bite to eat before our walk. They offered a variety of breakfasts, including full English breakfast, as well as a range of hot & cold sandwiches & paninis. We chose items off then menu- only to be told on ordering that they were only doing drinks & cakes and no hot food. It would have been nice to have been told this on entry & we could have considered going elsewhere to eat first. The staff on the admission desk were far more interested in palming off kids ‘Halloween Trail’ booklets to everyone - to help us understand why we might see ‘strange things’ on our walk, rather than useful info about the cafe- given that it was the day after Halloween & the trail was advertised everywhere.. we probably could have managed to guess that all by ourselves.. unfortunately guessing there was barely any food in the cafe was more unlikely. There was no apology from the staff for the limited choice in the cafe & after several families had come in & spent time deciding on their order, only to go to the counter to be told there was no hot food, I asked why they didn’t just remove the menus from the tables, as you couldn’t buy hardly anything on them & could only buy what you could already see at the counter. I was then told there were signs up telling people. I hadn’t seen any but decided I’d look for them as we must have missed them. The only sign I could find was one taped on the side of the counter as you entered, saying due to having had more visitors than normal they ‘may be out of some items on the menu’- which I don’t agree covers the fact that virtually nothing on the menu was available. There was also a sign outside, half-hidden by a Halloween decoration saying to let them know if you have any allergies or food intolerances. We chose to have the cream scone & tea. For 2 of us this came to over £10 which was quite expensive for what it was. The scone was pretty awful, very stale/dry, but just about edible when covered with the cream & jam. Unfortunately my partner is allergic to strawberries, but when we asked for an alternative to the strawberry jam, they didn’t have any. So it seems you can tell them about allergies...but they aren’t going to do anything.
Fortunately the park is really nice, well worth a visit.. & made up for the disappointing cafe, but despite being v ready for a drink when we returned from our walk.. the cafe was definitely not worth another visit.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We found this on a Groupon voucher and we are so glad we did. The follies and park are fantastic and I can only imagine what it must look like when it is in flower. In its current state of autumn it is a miriad of colours. The walks are all well marked out and depending how adventurous you are will depend on the time you will spend here.
It is well sign-posted and the onsite parking is free. There is a slight uphill to the reception, shop and café.
I would advise good foot ware are the track can be rough in places and I am sure after wet weather quite muddy. Unfortunately the area is not wheel chair friendly due to the terrain, though we did see one woman manage it on crutches.
Second requisite - a torch if you are going to venture through the short cave paths and possibly even for the gorge.
There are plenty of tables/chairs for your own picnic.
The full walk taking in Reynards Walk will probably take about 3 hours though there are shorter marked walks for all the family. The Swiss bridge is a must for all that can manage tight spots as with the gorge.
Definitely recommend it and we will be going back next year.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I loved this place - so did the kids especially the Halloween trail . The wizard had the kids transfixed doing his magic. The caves/ nooks and crannies were really special and we will definitely visit again!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Half term Halloween walk with husband, teenager and
So glad we came, thought it was a bit expensive until we realised what amazing experiences awaited us! Well worth the entrance fees to look after the park and protect it for years to come. Exhausted having walked about 4.5 miles so not for the unfit. Cafe wasn’t serving any food other than cakes and scones but was still a welcome sit down with a lovely pot of tea! Even grumpy teenager enjoyed it.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Been coming here for years with our girls for walks and lunches.

Our daughters complain about a Sunday walk these days but they still join us and are always happy and they have completed the walk and then we go for lunch before driving home!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Having a walk around the follies is really nice, been a few times now and the scenery is spectacular. My review is about the Caspian restaurant. We ordered soup but they hadnt run out just didn't have any!! I ordered a toasted teacake that was obviously stale before toasted as it more like crispbread, £2.45. My husband had a baguette which was ok but priced at £6 95. Tea was over £2 per person. I would certainly take my own food next time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed the amazing walks and the various follies where great - our second visit - first time with our dog - he loved it
If your up in this area - I can recommend it for a first class day out - be prepared to be tired when you get home

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a wonderful day exploring the follies, it is a bit of a climb up many steps and the views are superb. It is great fun exploring the caves and wonderful views from the top of the monument. Also it is very exciting crossing the Swiss bridge
After about 3 hours of walking we decided to return to the entrance cafe, Unfortunately this place is not so good. The tables were pilled high with dirty plates and cups that we had to clear first. We ordered a rather overpriced baguette and 2 cups of coffee and although the cafe was not busy it took over 40 minutes to receive our orders. when they eventually arrived the coffee were served without saucers and was then spilled on to our table by the staff. No spoons were supplied also my baguette was with a side salad of coleslaw etc and no fork. So how was I supposed to eat coleslaw without a fork? I looked around the cafe for some cutlery but there was none so had to ask for it.
It was such a shame to finish our visit this way and this cafe could be lovely if the service was improved and the tables were cleared.

1  Thank marty556