“Shocking”
Review of The Albion Vaults

The Albion Vaults
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shrewsbury
The Albion Vaults
Ranked #52 of 56 Shrewsbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The room was filthy, the bathroom was also filthy and stank of urine. By far the worst B&B I have ever had the misfortune to be in. I shall be talking to Shrewsbury council in the morning as this place should be closed down

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Iiipt

Reviewed April 9, 2012

When looking for somewere to stay in Shrewsbury we only wanted something cheap and cheerful which is why we stayed here as it was cheap, were a young couple that are not normally fussy were we stay as long as we get sleep and its reasonably clean. We got there and the staff were friendly, they showed us the room before we paid and explained that we share a bathroom with other, after paying the lady we went up to our room. It didnt look to bad, had a mirror on the floor (not on the wall) , a bed, a tv with freeview and a wardrobe with hangors etc and looked ok. After going out round Shrewsbury and coming back and getting ready for bed, i noticed how much the floor needed hoovering! I then got into bed which smelt and made me itch (clearly not been washed) the bathroom was terrible, i realised it wouldnt be clean but dirty was an understatement! with poo stains all over the toilet and the bath not being cleaned out their was no way i was having a bath! I didnt get any sleep due to the trains going past every couple of minutes, people from the nights out coming past, the music from the pub and the cars going by, this was even worse as the window didnt even shut properly! I'm not going to keep complaining but i wouldnt normally write a review but this had to be done, i could not wait to leave and had left by 6.00 am to go home earlier to get in a clean comfy bed. I would definately pay extra next time!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Naomi2205
Reviewed November 12, 2011

It's a great location, between the station and the town centre. It's clean, although basic with friendly staff. They are clear about the downside, the room is above a busy pub which at the weekend doesn't close until 2.30. You can hear the noise from the bedroom, although I have to say snuggled into the comfortable bed I was very quickly asleep.

It was the cheapest place to stay the night I booked it, which was the reason I booked it. It offered good value for money. I would certainly stay again.

It is fairly basic, somewhere convenient to stay to enjoy the town, not romantic or luxury. If that is what you are looking for, you should look elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple