“blew me away”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Bromilee
“blew me away”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

No words can justify how incredible this place is. Food, decor, atmosphere, staff all outstanding. Good job I don't live in Shrewsbury or I would have a very large credit card bill eating here every night.

Visited February 2013

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bit of a rip off”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

A lovely meal for two but when we paid for the bill of £70 with two £50 notes no change was given. We had to ask and £30 had already been put in the tip jar. A bit of cheek as, although we were happy to tip, certainly not that amount.

1 Thank Sue B
Derbyshire
“Excellent quality food”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a lovely location for a romantic meal be sure to book ahead though it gets really busy. The quality of the food is excellent friendly staff lovely atmosphere.

Visited February 2013
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Quirky...”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This restaurant, (and some rooms), is very old, 15th Century I think. The beamed building has been made different by the choice of decor which is somewhat quirky, but very nice all the same. The food is modern classics, ie belly pork, good steaks, fresh fish dishes all well cooked and presented. Main courses between £12 - £20, all food is cooked to order. Excellent real ales and wines served too. All in all a good place to go and having been a number of times the food was the same good standard each time. Would advise booking as they are popular. I believe their Sunday Lunches are popular and good value, but I haven't been yet.

Visited October 2012
Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Let down by the welcome.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My partner & I took a chance and went in early without booking in advance. We were reluctantly offered a small table adjacent to the only other diners (at that time, the room filled up later).
We both ordered the belly pork, which was excellent, with great veg, the roast potatoes were particularly good (not deep-fried) & the crackling was brilliant.
The only aspect that let the meal down was the welcome (which was poor, the landlord gave us the impression that we were an inconvenience not valued customers) & the time it took to pay the bill. Although the two staff were busy I am not used to waiting 20 mins to pay, in the end I went to the bar myself.
The food was excellent, but sadly we won't be returning to enjoy the welcome.

• Visited January 2013