“Perhaps not ideal for a large group” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Frank - CLOSED

Frank
Cuisines: American, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Unique Cocktail Bar and American Diner
“Perhaps not ideal for a large group”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I tried Franks for my birthday meal last Saturday expecting a good american style burger before going out with my friends for a few drinks. Having not dined at Franks before, I decided to pre-book so they knew there would be 13 of us as it was a relatively large party. We also decided to book our table for 17:30 so we could get in before the busy time.

Upon arriving we were showed to our table upstairs and asked whether we would like any drinks. The service for the drinks was extremely good with the waitresses being very attentive and friendly. Unfortunately after this though, the experience didn't go quite as well.

The food was extremely late in arriving to our table and when it did turn up it was all cold as it had been stood too long on the side whilst the rest of the order was being completed. In addition to this, all the accompanying sides to the meals were either incorrect or missing. It actually ended up with people just accepting whatever side was with the burger just so they didn't have to wait any longer.

It is a shame that my dining experience was like this, as i do believe that the food would've been tasty had it been hotter and served quicker. In the end it was just disappointing that my birthday celebrations had to start with an half-empty stomach and a long wait.

There was a suggestion of the management that we should have pre-ordered as it was such a large group, however upon booking the table this wasn't suggested by Franks and its not as if they weren't expecting us.

In summary, worth a try if your a table of 4 or less looking for a tasty burger and fries. However if your party is any bigger then perhaps look for somewhere else.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank EAReilly

“A fun experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We recently went with two friends on a Groupon voucher to this diner. We did not know quite what to expect and certainly we were not quite what they expected either, in that most of their clientele is young and trendy! We had a great time and were pleasantly surprised. Yes, the music was a bit loud but we could still hear each other! The lights were very subdued but we could still see!The food was great--we had the sharing platter; there were lots of cocktails to choose from and they were what it said on the tin. The service was friendly without being patronising. How nice to be in a young place without being called "guys"! Altogether a rejuvenating experience and what the heck if it's not what over sixties are meant to do!!

• Visited September 2013
“A real treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

After coming back in March with friends and the very loud music ruining the whole experience for me, I decided to give it another chance last weekend and go with my husband for a last minute Friday night out, and I'm so so glad I did. We had a fabulous time and will definitely be returning. It is just right for a fun and laid back night, a nice alternative to going for an Indian. The food was really yummy and very large portions. I particularly loved the Philly cheese steak nachos, and the I think the sweet potato fries were the best I've ever had. The puddings are as good as they sound and well worth squeezing in if you can. Our waitress was really friendly and helpful when we couldn't choose from the menu. One thing I really appreciate is their large selection of nice non-alcoholic drinks. I am pregnant and have really noticed how many places only have J20 as an alternative to the fizzy drinks on tap, Franks have really put some thought into their non-alcoholic drinks and have a double page of their drinks menu dedicated to them. We were pleasantly surprised when the bill came as well. Further to my opening comment the music was much quieter than last time which enabled me to enjoy the night properly, there is still very noticeable music but that is nice because it's not loud enough to have to speak up over so just adds to the atmosphere. Can't wait to come again and try some more great food.

Worcester, United Kingdom
“A treat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We went to sample the American foods that you don't usually find in the UK and were not disappointed! The corn dogs, blooming onion, ribs and other delights were delicious. The food was authentic and well presented. The cocktail list was varied and the chaps making them did an excellent job even sampling each one before serving to make sure it was just right (you don't often see that) - I recommend the Mojito. We will be going back!! There was only one niggle - one of our cocktails was cleared away before we had finished it!

• Visited October 2013
“A birthday treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

To celebrate our sons 16th birthday we decided to take him to Frank, having only visited for a drink previously we wanted to try out their food. We enjoyed a fantastic meal of nachos and baked camembert to start (the camembert is to die for!!) and a main course of burgers for the boys and BBQ spare ribs with a side of chips and onion ring for the girls. The starters alone were quite filling but the main course was superb. It has been commented that the portions are small but we found them to be plenty big enough and didn’t manage to eat all the sides. The staff were friendly and very attentive and the place has a great relaxed atmosphere, we were luck that it was not that busy as we eat early. All in all a great experience and one that we all enjoyed.

• Visited September 2013