“Love Love Love the change!”
Review of Frank - CLOSED

Frank
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Unique Cocktail Bar and American Diner
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Love Love Love the change!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

So happy for the change as this is something new and innovative for Shrewsbury. It ROCKS! With a fantastic range of cocktails, non-alcoholic cocktails and the booziest milkshakes ever, you could never get stuck for choice.
The American style dinner food is good value for money (especially the lunch time meal deals) and not pretentious. Fantastic flavours that excite your taste buds and make a little party in your mouth. I would eat here everyday if I could.
The cherry on the (Peach Cobbler Milkshake – personal recommendation) top is that all the staff are so friendly and are very happy to help.
Oh and the cinema in the back...genus!

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank RBrown127

Shropshire
“Oh dear Frank, you used to be one of the best places in Shrewsbury!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We used to visit the old bar quite regularly for tapas and wine, every time was great and we have taken lots of family and friends there based on our experiences, they also enjoyed it as much as we did.
I understand the reasons behind the move and fully appreciate that it was never going to have the same feel as the old place, but after visiting the new bar I felt I have to review it based on my disappointment.
The upstairs diner area has such a cold feel and feels so cheaply finished, it needs a lot more then a electric plug in log burner which I spotted up there! The new menu is ok but as some of the more recent reviews say the food was not that good at all, which is what we thought.
The bar downstairs is quite nice, but for me this is what Frank is now, just a bar, rather then a place you would be more then happy to sit for 2 or 3 hours enjoying drinks with some great food.

Visited December 2012
6 Thank ShropshireWiggy
England
“A real disappointment ......”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We booked a table for 14 at Franks for a pre-theatre meal, as we were a large party we placed our food order at the beginning of the week, so that the kitchen staff could be prepared. On arrival we sat downstairs on the leather sofas and had drinks before we were told our table was ready, so up we all trawled upstairs to what I can only describe as a large open plan cold room with cafe style furniture - it was so cold most of us kept our coats on! The theme of the room I think was supposed to be like a diner, but in our opinion seemed more like a cheap looking cafe with plastic sauce bottles on the tables ........ This was a bad start which got worse! A very attentive young girl greeted us and sorted any drinks we needed.

Having eaten at Franks before when it was over the road we had high hopes for the same tasty food and great atmosphere. Our starters were served - nothing wrong with these although they were served on cold plates which in turn made the food cold and by the time half of our party had got and eaten theirs the other half were still waiting. Next came the mains - which again was served on cold plates and the food was not that warm either ....... Oh yes I failed to mention that again some of our party had nearly finished their tiny lukewarm meals before the others got theirs! The next delight was the pudding, which took the kitchen staff a little longer to prepare, we could see the Kitchen staff prepare our puddings, which was shall I say were "chucked
" on the plates without the use of kitchen utensils, the puddings were then left on the side for about 10 minutes whilst a girl who was a potwasher in the kitchen flicked her waist long hair around in the area our plates were ....... now I am no expert but I know that any hair that is long enough to tie back should be or should be in a hairnet whilst in any food area. I can't comment on the pudding because I just couldn't bring myself to eat any of it after seeing it prepared, but I am told that the "warm" fudge cake was actually not warm but tasted quite nice.

Whist we were there I needed to take a visit to the ladies ..... as you do, so I made my way downstairs, battled through the some very polite boys who were hanging around the toilet hallway drinking - which my 10 year old daughter found very scary, only to discover the toilets were like those you would get in a seedy nightclub - not nice! And then it was finally time for the bill ........ now that's another story, we were vastly overcharged for drinks we didn't have! All I can say that the whole experience of this once popular eatery was a huge expensive disappointment to us all and it can safely be said we won't be returning, such a shame as before Franks Bar moved it was a lovely eating and drinking venue with loads of atmosphere where you struggled to get in through the door.

4 Thank Callowstar
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Superb for a great night out”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

What can you say, Fab place, fab food - fab staff, love it and will return again and again.
Love the new place

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank June J
Porthcawl, United Kingdom
“Frank is a great hangout”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Always love Frank, new premises still good. Cool, hipster vibe. yummy, hot wasabi nuts. Cocktail prices, but Wednesday is cheap! X

2 Thank Sarah B