“A fresh start for Frank”
Review of Frank - CLOSED

Frank
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Unique Cocktail Bar and American Diner
London, United Kingdom
“A fresh start for Frank”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I think Frank has definitely moved in the right direction with this one. Shrewsbury has been waiting for something fresh and this is definitely it. The american cuisine is a welcome break from the huge collection of restaurants in Shrewsbury, and while it's hardly a Carol Vorderman-endorsed restaurant, I think people come here for the guilty pleasure and there's no shame in doing so when they do it with such style!
I came to Frank for a meal and some cocktails and both were above my expectations. The decor was fantastic, very contemporary and gritty, again something rarely seen in Shrewsbury.
The bar staff are always very friendly and enigmatic and I would definitely recommend this restaurant. My new local establishment, and with such great prices, there is no excuse not to check it out!

3 Thank Fred L

Shropshire
“Shame about the change of venue decor”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Old Franks loved it was a great atmosphere for my age group (middle aged) the staff and fellow customers where always great and the food and drink excellent

New franks no atmosphere

staff as always good - food not to my taste and decor and type of customer its now atracting :-( not for me very tacky and cheap looking

Very sad it was a great bar why change something that worked so well

I have to find a new place to go

1 Thank Shrews
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Place to be”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The place to be just got a lot better. I've been several times now with friends, family and couples. A great bunch of friendly and helpful staff with a real passion for what they do weather it be cooking real good American style food or shaking great Cocktails which are brilliant as well as a good selection of beer. Deafently a real buzzing atmosphere when you go. Frank was very good but Frank bar and Dinner is A class! Will be making shore aim a regular!

1 Thank Richard F
London, United Kingdom
“Used to be Great, until it moved!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Whats happened to Franks!? Before it moved (whilst it was still on the Bridge) this place was a buzzing cocktail bar where you could be sure was free of chavs....now it's a few hundered yards down the road (as you go into the theatre) it's really pants. The first Mojito's we ordered went back because they were 99% ice with no rum or sugar in, I think they were made by someone on YTS....The food we ordered was very poor quality and tasted like it was straight from iceland. Theres a random american theme going on which doesn't really appeal and the service was slow. The decor was unfinished and very cheap looking. The atmosphere now is quite cold and tacky. I think once people have realised how it's changed, they will find somewhere else...I wont be going back, and in a way feel slightly conned that it is still kept the name of what was once a good place to go.

2 Thank dave4747
Doug B, Owner at Frank, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your recent visit, as you stated in your review we have just moved across the road and the last week has been a little manic. I can only apologise that you had to return your Mojito, we are trying to train up new staff at the same time as fitting into our new home. The food is certainly not from Iceland, it is cooked from fresh in our kitchen. As for the American theme, we've had a lot of positive feedback, it's a shame that you don't share our enthusiasm for it.
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty tapas & captivating cocktails”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Went for an early bird dinner before a show at Theatre Severn and weren't disappointed! Our tapas was lovely and my cocktail complete with elderflower caviar was everything it promised to be..

Visited October 2011