“Ate late one Saturday, good experience”
Review of The Golden Moments

The Golden Moments
Ranked #23 of 91 Restaurants in Ludlow
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We turned up as a group of 4 after a movie and were welcomed into the restaurant. Was not too busy, space available without booking. Clean, pleasant and tidy atmosphere. Server came over with menus and took drinks order. We were not massively hungry so ordered a starter as a main course. The server took the order and about 5 minutes later the manager arrived and looked confused! Although they normally charge a supplement if you only have a starter, he waived this and no doubt told off his server instead. The food arrived quickly and was piping hot. Delicious taste, reasonable quantity for a starter too. Had some great traditional roti with it too.

2  Thank WalnutTruffle

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I visited with friends and decided I would try something new. I tried a Chicken Rogan Josh and enjoyed it. Had a great big drink too. I expected it to be more full but I guess seeing it was 9pmish on a Tuesday people have other things to do. The tables and everything I could see was clean and tidy.
The waiters didn't rush us at all. Very friendly and the food was freshly cooked. I hope to re-visit with my partner as he is jealous of how happy I was with my Curry when I came home.
Thank you Golden Moments.

1  Thank DefinatelyDead
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Booked to eat here on the Saturday night of the weekend food festival. Tried to book for 6.30 but were asked to come in for 6. Ok fair enough we thought, obviously busy. Place was less than half full. We felt under extreme pressure from the minute we arrived to order/eat/pay/leave. It was like the restaurant version of speed dating. The waiting staff spoke quickly & with impatience. Things removed from table before we had even finished i.e popadums, drinks. The food was very good but we ended up having some put into takeaway containers as we just felt too rushed to enjoy it. I understand that a restaurant needs to get as many covers in as possible but this cannot be at the expense of a diners enjoyment of their eating experience. Not nearly good enough no matter how good your food is. Rude & brusque. We will not be returning.

3  Thank Patteson-Ball
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We dined here on Friday 6th September, arrived at 7.45 and have to say we were suprised by the interior, totally belies its exterior, clean, very comfortable and welcoming. We all had starters, one of which was not on the menu but they made it anyway, all had different mains, and I must say they were all excellent. Service was very good even though the restaurant was busy, oh, and the Cobra lager was well kept as well. It was so good we went again on Saturday and have never done that before on a weekend break!!

4  Thank Mark T
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

As the title of the review states in it's title, it was indeed a Sunday night and therefore the Golden Moments was hardly buzzing. In fact, we were the only punters in the place. Actually, Shapla up the road was also bereft of clientele.

OK, so sleepy little Ludlow was having a quiet one, but that didn't matter, we were here to eat. Indian food in small market towns can be a up and down affair but hats off to GM, the food was excellent, right from the poppadoms and accompanying dips to the main event. Food ingredients tasted very fresh and the flavours were top drawer.

Attentive service with a hint of a smile. Come on guys, a bit more engagement would make for a better customer experience.

1  Thank Dean W