Fishmore Hall
$106
Travelodge Ludlow Hotel(Ludlow)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
The Clive(Bromfield)
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscourse tasting menuafternoon teamolton brown toiletriespre desserta la carte menuwet roomamuse boucheaccompanying wineshomemade biscuitsexecutive roombar menueggs benedictfine dininghuge bedlovely hotelwalk in showerluxury room
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We where fortunate to book this hotel as part as two night B&B deal through Living Social and what a find, arrived on 5/11 and checked in by very polite and cheerful receptionist the deal was for a standard room but we where upgraded no extra charge.
The room was something else, very big and a huge bed the bathroom had a double ended bath and a large walk in shower.
We ate in the resturant on our first night from the Bar Menu which was very good and again the service we got from all the staff was first class. Breakfast, so much to choose and very tasty.
Ludlow itself is worth a visit not very big but has a much to see and is less than a mile away, only took us 15 minutes to walk to.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We booked in for one night on our holiday through Ludlow to Wales. This is so much more than a stopover. We were warmly greeted and udgraded to an executive room. Those who run this establishment, and those who work here, take pride in what they do. The standard of service in all areas was wonderful and the finishing touches to all things were noted: the home-made biscuits brought to the room, the Molton Brown toiletries, the smiles from the staff members. The room was comfortable with a lovely view of the surrounding countryside.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights. Lovely hotel. Brilliant food. Fantastic staff. We had a very nice room. Not large but quite adequate with very nice shower room. We sampled both the restaurant and the bar food menus and the food was excellent. Must visit again. What more can I say?

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I needed a hotel room at short notice, in an area I had not stayed in before so it was a bit of pot luck in chosing Fishmore Hall. Well, I'm glad I did!

What a super find, tucked away on a quiet road near Ludlow. It was dark when I arrived, but the imposing frontage still made me feel welcome, even before setting foot in the door.
My room was finished to a high standard and the huge comfy bed gave me a good night's sleep.
I only had room service in the evening, but that was well presented and tasty. Breakfast was served quickly and the bacon and eggs were hot. No great fuss, just as it should be.

I was sorry to have to leave for my work so quickly, as I would have liked to spend a bit of time relaxing and looking around both the hotel and the countryside outside.

All in, a lovely hotel in an old house with modern twists, attentive friendly staff and great food.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My sister in law mentioned a lovely hotel they had visited for lunch when they visited Ludlow , The Fishmore Hotel. They had their meal in the restaurant overlooking the fields with the sunshine streaming through the windows, it sounded idyllic . She said that if we ever got the opportunity we should go.
We were amazed when we found a special offer for a two night stay and booked straight away.
Having just recovered from serious illness it was just the treat we both needed, or was it?
Lovely welcome, bright clean room.
We had pre booked a table for dinner on the second night of our stay but also decided to eat in on the first evening , choosing from the 'Bar Menu (see menu on their site). Not the usual type of bar fayre as you can see.
Dressed for dinner and looking forward to enjoying the surroundings of the beautiful restaurant we were amazed to be shown to a table away from other diners in the 'Bistro'. Not another room, just an area sectioned off from the main restaurant but able to be seen through the Rull length glass partition doors. We were on our own with no other diners. Tables were available in main room.
When I queried this I was told that it was to do with regulations for the award of Rosettes. We were not dining from the A la Carte menu. Fair enough,
Little did we know there was more to come.
Friday, I asked if I could chose a meal from the bar menú, but my husband wanted A la Carte for that evenings meal. I was told that it would be possible, but it would be unlikely that we would be able to dine in the main restaurant. Another evening of eating on our own and feeling uncomfortable, not for me. Evening meal cancelled and ate out in Ludlow. On our return at 8ish there were no other diners in the Bistro. Wise decision.
Breakfast; Sunny morning, beautiful views. We were heading to a table in the main restaurant , following other residents only to be told that it was available to those eating in groups of 4, although there were plenty of free tables. We were guided to a table in the same dull 'Bistro' No views, no sunshine , no tablecloths.
What is the excuse for this? Didn't bother to ask.
We chose the hotel to experience the ambiance of the restaurant as recommended.
Would we go back to be treated differently than other paying guests. NO WAY.

Room Tip: We were in room 6 above front entrance of the hotel with a view into the car park.
1  Thank Flo868