“Full English”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had full english breakfats. Service fast and friendly. Food lovely and some of the best fried bread I have had ever, including my dad's!! Would recommend going for the 'local' choice as lovely sausages and bacon. i tried the black pudding even though I don't really like it.For something I don't like, it was quite nice, but couldn't finish it. Hubby very happy with it tho'!!

There are newer reviews for Baker's of Tower Street

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Visited Baker's in Ludlow and was very impressed with the full English Breakfast - £6.95. For £1 extra you can order locally sourced meat and it us really worth it.

Really great service and attention too. Cannot recommend enough.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I love the coffee here and the shortbread is wonderful, but on our last visit there was only 1 person trying to do it all (except cook), he had to take orders, serve, clear tables and take payment. Consequently service was slow and unfortunately we were in a bit of a hurry so ended up just asking for cold drinks - and these took almost 15 minutes to arrive, which is no criticism of the young man who was doing his utmost to do it all, but the fault of management for not having enough staff on duty.

Nevertheless I've given 4 stars as I know this place can be so much better, the omelettes are great, as i've already said the shortbread is the best ever and the other cakes and scones are good too. I'll go again in the hope that this was a one off!

1  Thank shropshiretraveller9
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Like other reviewers, we ended up here because nowhere else appears to serve food in Ludlow on a Sunday evening. Despite this, there was only one other table taken whilst we were there.

On a Sunday evening, the menu offers a selection of Italian dishes. The two of us shared a board of mixed antipasti. This was well presented and tasty, although oddly served with sliced brown bread and butter.

For mains, my wife had spaghetti puttanesca, which was tasty. I had a mushroom and pancetta carbonara which was good, but a little short on pancetta. We had a good, reasonably priced bottle of Italian red wine to accompany the meal.

Overall, the food was entirely appropriate for the price; not amazing, but perfectly acceptable. The service was friendly and attentive, and I would certainly return on a Sunday night!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Would not recommend if you are in a hurry. My friend asked the waitress what type of vegetarian sausages they service. The waitress replied 'I don't know - I'm not a veggie sausage expert' should have got up and left at that point. We waited 30 mins for 2 meals. When my friends meal arrived, he had been short changed on the veggie sausages. The menu advertised 2 and only 1 arrived. The waitress herself noticed this mistake and to be fair we might not have done so. She said she'd arrange for it to be cooked and brought asap however we had both finished our meals and the sausage still had not arrived. We were on a tight schedule and this episode really ate into our time (no pun intended). We did get a reduction for the food but we will never go here again. The cafe wasn't even busy. You also have to walk through a kind of storage area to get to the toilet. Not sure what the hotel inspector would make of that but it made the corridor look cluttered and uninviting.

On the plus side it looked clean enough and the flowers were a nice touch on the table.

Service and attitude of the 'not a veggie sausage expect' makes this a place to be avoided.

4  Thank monsieurhoneybun