“A marvellous lunch stop”
Review of Csons

Csons
Ranked #47 of 99 Restaurants in Ludlow
Description: We are four Crouch brothers (The CSONS ) with an addiction to great food and drink. Our food is different; we use the best locally sourced produce and treat it with the respect it deserves by creating simple, modern, unpretentious, globally inspired dishes that shout about the ingredients reflect the seasons and are full of flavour!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent food and service. Dog welcomed, beautiful setting outside by the river Teme. Great options on the menu, could not fault anything.

2  Thank Karenc8111
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stopped by for some lunch when in Ludlow. Pretty setting next to the river. Really friendly staff. Great menu and decent prices too. I was expecting a standard lunch offering but the courgette pakhora and dahl blew me away - so tasty and wholesome. Really unexpected! All food locally sourced. Definitely worth a visit

1  Thank Wolveslad
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We live 40 minutes from Ludlow, but always bring visiting people to Csons for lunch, we have done for years, when it was the Green Cafe. We were very happy when the new owners took over as the vibe, quality, food, ethos is very similar, and even better.

The attention to detail in all the dishes is knock out. There is an amazing range for all diners, meat, fish, veggie, vegan. A friend we took last week said it was the best vegetarian meal she had ever had and she could have 'licked the plate'. I can't fault it in any way, we LOVE everything about it and then you get the bill, it is all very reasonable. See you next time!

2  Thank loupy2
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I hesitate to mention the Csons cinnamon buns, lest they become even more popular. The last two times I've lunched here, the buns were already sold out by the time I arrived. They are, simply, divine. I had a very tasty lunch even without them, but …

1  Thank crimewriterkate
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After a lovely weekend with friends at the food festival we booked Csons next to the river for Sunday Brunch before we all went our separate ways. The setting is idyllic, the menu spoilt for choice and the service superb.... one of the best brunches I've had. Went for the full Csons breakfast, cooked pergect no grease great ingredients. My friend had the McNeils salmon, poached eggs and greens utterly delicious, highly recommended.

1  Thank fourlamas