“Sunday Night - Dinner Time”
Review of The Meadow Inn

The Meadow Inn
Ranked #19 of 29 Restaurants in Ironbridge
Cuisines: Barbecue, British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Sunday Night - Dinner Time”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

After an afternoon of car hunting a quiet meal with a pint was the order of the day!
The place was warm and welcoming and the staff were very friendly.
The fish cake starter was very tasty, served with a nice salad.
I had roast pork for main course and it was a substantial portion of pork, stuffing, crackling, roasties and a selection of veg.
Two courses for less than £12 was good value.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Telford, United Kingdom
“meal for two”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The fish is always very tasty, and also their steaks, friendly staff very attentive but not intrusive

Visited September 2013
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Was a little worried after reading reviews however we really enjoyed our stay here. . Food was beautiful and staff were really helpful. Will definitely return!

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Poor customer service.”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

A pub should not advertise as serving Cask Ales if they do not know how to look after the ale!
After a lovely Sunday walk we thought it would be a good idea to stop and have drink. As my partener and I both apprciate a nice ale we thought this looked a nice place to stop.

Firstly, i was disappointed to find only two choices, one I knew and one I did'nt. I asked for a sample of the unknown one which wasnt to my taste so plumped for the familier one.
I took a sip and basicly we had been served two pints of rancid vinegar! I took both pints back to the bar where I explained to the member of staff who served me that it was 'off'. He then proceeded to tell me he wasnt surprised as it was the end of the barrel. Why on earth would a pub who bothers to advertise Cask Ales if they treat it and the customers they serve it to so poorly??
He exchanged both drinks without a problem and said that the new cask to replace it was a favourite of us both. Oxford Gold. I was shocked as I watched him serve me the first two pints from the barrel. Anyone who knows anything about how to serve ale is you do not serve the first few pints from the barrel. A clowdy, rancid liquid with bubbles was given to me wrather than a crystal clear golden ale. The barman refused to exchange it saying "there was nothing wrong with it" He was basicly insulting my knowledge of ale. After several minutes debating that this ale was undrinkable he eventualy reluctantly exchanged it for larger. How can you go wrong the the safe opption of Fosters? Well, at The Meadows you can. We will NEVER return or recomend.

1 Thank Sunny S
Ironbridge, United Kingdom
“Good food, shame about the management”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were regular diners and went last year for Boxing Day lunch and received first class service and food. Unbeknown to us it was taken over after we booked in June. Despite us discussing our booking on 2 occasions and taking in our pre-order the manager looked at me questioningly when I arrived with my family saying she had no booking in my name! She had clearly made a mistake as ironically there were two bookings with the same surname. She made us feel as though we were at fault. They managed to make a table up for us and although the food was very good we were rushed through our courses and as the last ones in the restaurant felt pressured to pay and leave. Had she have admitted she had made a mistake and apologised, which is the first rule of good customer service, it would have gone a long way. We will not return

• Visited December 2013