“The best place to visit......ever!”
Review of The Malthouse

The Malthouse
Ranked #7 of 9 Ironbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Malthouse, what can I say........ I meet with friends regular here for food and its fabulous, I also enjoy Saturday night drinking here..........Its one of my favourite places to visit, I love it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Malthouse

Reviewed August 11, 2013

what a great meal, good value, great host and wonderful staff very smartly dressed and nothing too much trouble for them. in fact i have just booked my 50th birthday with them i was so impressed . can't recommend this wonderful place too highly enough

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I met my friends here for a meal this week and can't rate it high enough.I loved the cosy but contemporary feel in the restaurant and the food was delish!!Great service,great food and great atmosphere.We will most defiantly be returning :)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I live in Shrewsbury and my friends and I always meet up once a month and we ALWAYS go to the malthouse! The food is so amazing, the desserts are terrific but so is everything else on the menu! The staff are so friendly and can't do enough for you. I love how its decorated, makes for a lovely warm cosy ambience and the pictures etc are so cool! I've also been on the weekends for a night out, enjoyed the bands and drinks. Such a great mix of people there and perfect outside areas. I will continue to spend my money here as I really can't fault the place :-)

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Admittedly we did not reserve a table, but upon arrival we were offered a table for 2 which was at the rear of the restaurant in the walkway of the path to the rear garden area. We requested to move but prior to that the waiter had disappeared! We felt the restaurant is run unprofessionally by what seemed to be run by over weight men dressed in black. It is a shame that the staff have not had the basics of customer care training, in relation to manners, dress code and waiter service this definately needs addressing.

A shame really as this could be a really good business if run like a business. The food was really good just the whole ambience and having to sit right opposite the reception area with the local overweight males hanging around was not pleasant at all.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lucy B
rowley83, Owner at The Malthouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thank you for your review on the fat smelly staff & Locals, they have now been enlisted on FAT CAMP , Health & Hygiene courses, Fashion & etiquette lessons. Once they have all met their target weight & Hygiene levels they will all be issued with new uniforms, unfortunately we cannot enlist the locals.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My Husband and I have just returned from a lovely stay at this hotel.
We were pleasantly greeted at check in and shown to our room (Jade room) which was decorated with an animal print design which I loved.
The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean and cosy. Bathroom was clean and tidy. Lovely tea and coffee assortment and we both commented how nice it was to see more that 2 little pots of milk. I would have liked a wall mounted mirror within the room as I had a little difficulty when straightening my hair as the mirror available is a medium sized free standing mirror on quite a low dressing table but I managed and in no way did this hinder the enjoyment of my stay.
We decided to have dinner in the hotel restaurant and at first glance the menu prices appear a little steep, however the service we received was fantastic. The only advice I would like to give to the hotel if they are reading this is I think you may want to consider reducing the portion size of your starters, as by the time we got to our main we were already quite full and unable to finish our mains, which was a great shame as it was delicious.
The only noise that disturbed us was slamming doors, however I have experienced this issue in many other hotels so not a biggy and I was fast asleep by 12pm, but slight alteration to the anti slam devices at the top of the doors may resolve this problem.
Great choice and service at breakfast, my Husband opted for the full English breakfast and I chose the scrambled egg and bacon on toast. Service was fast and food was yummy. Great coffee too!
All the staff I encountered were friendly, professional and smart, seem like a good bunch of people.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would eat in the restaurant if maybe the portions are reduced or perhaps just have a main.
Overall we were both very happy with our stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VICKMEISTER
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Elaine and I spent last weekend with 4 of our friends at The Malthouse and as usual the standard was very high, from the unusual decor to the fantastic food. This break gave us a bit of sun, a bit of drink, a bit of good food, a bit of good live music, a bit of a walk through the forest and a bit of ............everything that does you good. Highly recommended, been a few times now and will be back. A very relaxing weekend, thank you to all at The Malthouse.

Room Tip: Have been in Jade room, Pink room and Red room all of which were excellent. Jade,green and pink room...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends