“Evening meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

10 minute walk from the hotel, drinks were well priced and food was very good and plentiful. The Inn was relatively quiet the evening I visited and I was served very quickly.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was highly recommended by very good friends of mine who go to the golden ball inn, I was quite excited to go by my friends even telling me about it! We went on Saturday 26th January the restaurant looked very fully booked out so I felt glad booking ahead, as soon as we arrived I was greated by a barmen who shown me through into the restaurant, introduced himself and served us drinks. The wine list had highly recommended wines and my other half was shown a great real ale board, soon after we was sat at a table and had been shown the menu on a board, I could not believe the choice of food we had!! Wow just wow..... We both decided to have soup for our starters was good quality soup, but our mains I had to try the t-bone steak! Good price and was superb quality!! My other half decided to have a pork fillet it looked that good I had jumped in and had to try it! We was so full after out Devine meals we thought we would have to pass on dessert but the waitress whom I do believe is named Chloe shown us the dessert board which had fantastic homemade desserts so we decided to share one an wow it just topped our evening off! I am so happy that my friends had recommended the golden ball in I could not thank them enough! So I would personally like to say thank you to the staff at the golden ball inn and I reassure you I'd recommend this pub any day! We shall see you again many thanks x

2  Thank simonenmarts
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I'd been told about this inn by many people and I wished I'd gone sooner than some of the dive holes I've been to in ironbridge!
Anyway, as we walked in on a Monday night, we were greeted by two lovely bar staff who served us immediately although they were quite busy for a Monday night. They had a range of 5 real ales, at £3.10 you cant go wrong! They also had a range of soft drinks available for my children which were reasonable priced as well as a wine list with over 20 bottles of wine, red, white and rose. We were then shown to our table by the landlady who was lovely and welcoming (Don't understand some of the below reviews about the land lady!!!)
Once she'd shown us to our table we were given a children's menu with a good selection of meals on for less than £5, bargain! There was also a blackboard full with over 15 choices ranging from pork fillet, gammon, vegetarian choices, 16oz T-Bones, nibbles and many more; all were ranging from £8.50 to £22.50. My husband decided to have the T-Bone served with Diane sauce and home made chips. I had the Beef lasagne with a large salad and garlic bread and my two children had sauté breast of chicken strips with beans and chips.
Our order was then taken by a helpful member of staff who explained some of the dishes and recommend her favourite.
After a short wait the food was brought out and we were served such large portions! Although some people make think the food is pricey it is well worth the money!
After our plates were cleared we were asked if we'd like a dessert from the selection on the dessert board and if we'd like any more drinks or coffees. Although we were full we decided to have two child's portions of ice cream and chocolate fudge cake and a panna cotta! All were very delicious, the custard was clearly fresh and Devine!
All this for £55, well worth the money, I will definitely be coming again!

Lovely bar staff, lovely food and a wide range of drinks... Perfect!

1  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Second visit to the golden ball inn, Excellent from start to finish, great food , service and beer.
invited along by friends for birthday bash........would recommend to all. Excellent choice of food, like the young dinners menu for the kids, not your usual nuggets and fishy things but something wholesome. Many items local and homecooked

1  Thank von456
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Can't fault the food in this place but the female staff are sour faced, rude and just plain miserable- expecially the landlady!! No words can describe just how rude she was. They have a good range of beer but it is way too expensive. No wonder this place is dying a slow and painful death!! We are never going back until there is a change in management.

3  Thank simon11101