Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM

A autumnal Visit

Stewart G
Swindon, United Kingdom

3,503 results
All reviews fish and chips the pub blists hill sweet shop victorian town step back in time modern money all ages the black country museum candle dipping sing song candle maker bread fairground rides candle making period costume horse and cart
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

If I could bottle the smell of the coal fires ... my third visit to blists hill. One of my favourite places in England. I love the atmosphere here and that you feel transported to a bygone age. I wish that this time there'd been the singing in the pub lunchtime, lesson in the school and fun fair working - maybe it should be slightly cheaper without the full experience but maybe they can't afford to do that to keep going. Love the shopping experience - this time I bought some carbolic soap, sweets and cakes. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Reviewed 2 days ago

We visited Blist Hill not knowing what a treat we were in for! We bought a yearly pass for the local museums. Everyone is dressed in Victorian dress & they describe what happens in their shop, it was really a very interesting day and we didn't see everything. Dogs are allowed in the grounds but not in any of the cafe's which is a bit of a shame.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

I 've been twice recently. Once with a friend. Once work.
Hay inclined plane is worth the walk and the incline lift is fab. Spry, the boat is definitely worth a look at too.
Staff were very helpful. Mrs Hughes the teacher was suitably strict and very helpful. All of the staff we encountered were helpful and went out of their way.to offer help. We went on a terribly wet day.

Have some chips from the chip shop too!

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

I came here twenty odd years ago and have been promising my family a return visit since. Well worth the trip. Such authentic reproduction and use of original ‘props’. Lovely instructive and knowledgable volunteers. We came on a quiet Saturday in November and had plenty of time to visit everything! Thanks

Ironbridge-Museum, Guest Relations Manager at Blists Hill Victorian Town, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Thank you for the review.

We were so pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable experience at Blists Hill Victorian Town.

Reviewed 4 days ago

We spent three hours here and only covered perhaps half the area, so can easily occupy a full day if you are interested in understanding more about the exhibits. We focused on the industrial exhibits rather than the houses and how the people lived because we had visited the Black Country Living Museum the previous day. Nice to chat to the volunteers and listen to their stories.

The walk along the canal was enjoyable.

We'd recommend buying the guide book at the start. There was no information on the buildings we looked at and the guide book does provide some information.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

What a fantastic historical place to spend a day, all the staff were very knowledgeable and all very welcoming. A whole town in the Victorian theme with staff all dressed in the manner of victorians. We spent over 4 hours here and it was not enough time. Would definitely return.

Thank you for your review.

We were delighted to read that you had such a great time.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 week ago

There a five places of interest to visit in this area and Blists Hill Victorian Town is one. There is lots to see from old time shops to amusements and a Bank. By visiting the Bank and exchanging your money into that used in Victorian times it`s then possible for the kids; and yourselves to experience life as a Victorian shopper.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Parking is available but extra cost and then the museum is pricey too but nice to go to look around. There's a café too which is nice

Reviewed 1 week ago

Love this place at Christmas more than any other time. Also when we have guests from over seas my American friends loved it

Ironbridge-Museum, Guest Relations Manager at Blists Hill Victorian Town, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you for your review.

We were so pleased to read how much you and your guests enjoy visiting Blists Hill Victorian Town.

We do have two Victorian Christmas Weekends planned at this museum on 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th December 2018.

Details on all our events can be found on our website.

Reviewed 1 week ago

It was a rushed visit for our group; we arrived in Ironbridge early afternoon and hurried over the Blists Hill. Unfortunately, it closed at 4:00PM so we only had an hour to enjoy it. Well worth a visit if you are interested in the way a Victorian Village lived. There were shopkeepers dressed in period costume, the Pub was entertaining with a robust piano player and soloist. Would like to go there again when I have more time.