“Good value with a view”

Dining options: Reservations
Telford, United Kingdom
“Good value with a view”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Good spot for lunch in Ironbridge. Just by the river so perfect for a pre or post lunch stroll. Good value and service with no frills.

Visited December 2013

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Nice restaurant Very Good Food”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I visited ironbridge a couple of days ago and on looking for an evening meal came across this restaurant

Its small downstairs ( but does have an upper floor ), and I liked the intimate nature of the place rather than going to a huge barn like restaurant, Food was excellent and very well priced and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Reading the reviews of others now I'm home I'm not experienced enough to know if the food is just basic and average thai food, or if its much better than that, but in my opinion I loved the food I ordered and it couldnt have been better

I could even view the famous Ironbridge as I ate my meal ;-)

I eat out very regularly and the meal was definitely up there with the best

• Visited April 2014
Ironbridge, United Kingdom
“Average at everything”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Dont get me wrong theres nothing particularly wrong with Siam Cottage but it would benefit from an update. The staff could be friendler and more welcoming. The food is standard Thai food, nothing to rave about but fills a gap.

Visited January 2013
Telford, United Kingdom
“Decent, friendly, low-key Thai-style”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We've eaten here several times, most recently 9 Dec. Always friendly, small and quite cramped. Family run (I haven't asked but I think they are Thai). Menu is fairly basic but the food is tasty. The £8 lunch (including a glass of wine or soft drink) offers a dozen or so main courses varyin in heat from very-mild-bu-fragrant chicken and cashew nuts, to pretty-hot-but-not-fiery jungle curry. For a light lunch, the £5 express lunch offers a choice of three from eleven different snacks - sesame toast, chicken satay, you get the idea. There's also an a la carte menu with a wider range of dishes, still at modest prices. The house wine is perfectly ok.

Service is willing and aimiable, no selling pressure. If you're in Ironbridge and you don't want to spend a lot, this is probably the pick of the bunch, it's open on Sundays, too..

• Visited December 2012