“Friendly staff, yummy food”

D'arcys at the station
Ranked #6 of 30 Restaurants in Ironbridge
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Newport, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, yummy food”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We always meant to eat in D'arcys when it was in Shifnal and just never got there. So I was finally pleased to finally get to the all new D'arcys in Ironbridge. Friends had told us there was a no booking policy and that we might have to wait a little. We went on a Wednesday night and there was plenty of people in there but only waited a few minutes for a table. The waiting stasff were all very friendly and very attentive. We were given a complimentary starter whilst choosing our meals, aswell as the normal menu we were aslso given a menu with specials of the day, and I have to say I like the fact that I had more then one fish dish to choose from (what was even nice was that so many places like to put salmon as one of the fish options and here it was not yipeeee) I had some very nicely cooked red snapper. The deserts were also very good and a reasonable price, as a lot of restaurants now seem to have jumped on the band wagon of hiking the prices up of the desert menu, but not here and lovely fresh deserts aswell. Had a nice chat to the manager afterwards aswell which is nice as a lot of places its just in and out and no personal touch. Very happy and will be going back again

• Visited October 2012

England, United Kingdom
“nice evening meal...”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We dined here just before Christmas before the madness started! Although there is a no booking policy we were quickly shown to our table. The food and service was very good, the waitress took time to explain a couple of dishes to me as I couldn't make my mind up...

Nice atmosphere to the place, and there are always plenty of Veggie dishes on the menu which is a bonus.

Nice big car park right opposite as well, parking on the other side of the rive can be a problem sometimes....

• Visited December 2012
Shropshire
“Really enjoyed”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I used to go to darcys in shifnal, this is the 3rd time I have been since it has moved, I have to say I had the Gorgonzola chicken, again! But it was amazing, I really enjoyed it, I don't like the salad being separate with the dressing as I don't think it goes with the sauce, but all in all a lovely meal.
I wish they would bring back the old bread rolls, oil and balsamic vinegar though.

• Visited November 2012
Aberystwyth
“Friendly and fun”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The food was good value and the service was really excellent. There was such a lot on my plate that I found it a little off-putting, but if you're a six foot six sportsman you'd be delighted.

• Visited September 2012
Telford, United Kingdom
“For a special occasion”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Darcys have never disappointed and as a family we often come here for birthdays and other celebrations. I particularly like the portion sizes, I never come away with an empty stomach!

Visited January 2012