“Beautiful Period House”
Review of Library House

Library House
Ranked #3 of 9 Ironbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 6, 2007

What a gem.Had a wonderful stay,Excellent service,Super breakfast.Room was really clean felt so at home.1st class

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank river14

Reviewed August 27, 2007

This B & B exceeded all our standards for wonderful. The ladies of the house could not be nicer and more helpful. They made us fill at home with an English family including dog (Fizzy). Lizzie was so helpful even with providing direction to London (and we needed help!!!). We could not say enough wonderful comments about this jewel of a B&B. Highly recommended!!!

Stayed: August 2007
3  Thank Jkrebbs
Reviewed June 13, 2007

Another fantastic stay with Lizzie at the Library House. This time I had a different room, small but perfectly formed with a private garden terrace.
I was on business in the area so checked in early evening after work. I was warmly welcomed, shown to my room and then asked if I would like a complimentary glass of wine either on my terrae or in the lounge with Lizzie. I stayed and chatted to Lizzie and some of the other guests, and she very kindly sorted me out a fantastic table for dinner at Restaurant Severn - comes highly recommended!
My room had everything I needed, and I loved the cafetieres in the room - nothing like a good cup of coffee to get you going in the morning.
Breakfast was great - there was a great spread of fresh fruit yoghurt and muesli, after which I simply had scrambled eggs and bacon. That set me up so well I really didn't need lunch.
As I said, I saw some other guests there who were touring the uk and were visiting ironbridge. They were all given information and directions to the various musuems by Lizzie, who always seems happy to help.
I can't wait until my next stay!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank LondonNightFox
Reviewed February 27, 2007

What can I say? My husband and I have just returned from a short break to Ironbridge and can't believe we were lucky enough to find this gem.
We were welcomed with a smile and a drink. Shown to the most delightful room and it went uphill from there.
Lizzy and Rob were the most wonderful hosts. They were able to recommend the best places to eat, and were absolutley right each time.
The rooms were decorated to the best standard with homely touches that made it very special. As for the breakfast.....I only wish I could cook as well.
By the time we left, we felt as if we were fim friends with our hosts.
We have no hesitation in recommending the Library House. It is 'THE' only place to stay in the area.
We can't wait to go back, not to just to see the area again, beautiful as it is, but just to stay in this fantastic guest house.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Teacher57
Reviewed February 7, 2007

When in Ironbridge stay at The Library House! Liz is a wonderful hostess, welcoming you with a cold drink and friendly conversation. She and Rob are happy to give their recommendations for dinner in the village and even help with future travel plans and directions! Our room was good size with a comfortable king bed, spotlessly clean and nicely decorated. Best shower in England! Breakfast was better than any restaurant, cooked to order with a great fruit and cereal buffet.

Stayed: February 2007
4  Thank SanDiegoDan
Reviewed January 1, 2007

This is a lovely guest house, a must for anyone visiting Ironbridge Gorge. I stayed for one night whilst on business in the area and would have no hesitation in returning.

There are only three bedrooms, which are large, nicely furnished and beautifully kept. My room had a king sized bed and lovely bathroom, with fluffy towels and free toiletries. There is an excellent guests lounge and farmhouse style breakfast room. It is run by Lizzie who creates a home from home welcome and atmosphere.

The location could not be better, being 2 minutes from the ironbridge and the facilities of the village. For those on business, there is easy access to Telford. Since Lizzie also lives in the house with her husband and daughter, she is able to provide a locals view of places to eat etc.

Breakfast is chosen the night before and cooked freshly by Lizzie. It beats any hotel cooked breakfast hands down.

Overall, at a price considerably less than any decent hotel, you get a personal service in a beautifully furnished home. Why look anywhere else?

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank majorstu
Reviewed December 3, 2006

Cozy room, clean facilities, excellent breakfast and hospitable host. Good access to all museums etc in the area.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Moneychanger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ironbridge
Best Western Valley Hotel
Best Western Valley Hotel
#1 of 3 in Ironbridge
The Swan hotel smoke and taphouse
The Tontine Hotel
The Bird in Hand Inn
The Bird in Hand Inn
#2 of 9 in Ironbridge
The Old Rectory at Broseley

Been to Library House? Share your experiences!