“Great hotel in a beautiful location”

Best Western Valley Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ironbridge
Telford, United Kingdom
“Great hotel in a beautiful location”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

It was the only Hotal that we visited and it was evident as soon as we walked through the door that we wouldn't need to go elsewhere.
The service that we received was second to none, It was fautless from the word go,
Beautiful setting,outstanding staff from the start to the end of our wedding day.
The team was proffesional , friendly and hardworking in keeping all our guest very happy.
The food was to a very high standard.
What a perfect day, the Valley hotel is 100% my recomendation,
thank you all for making our day very special .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
boddison, General Manager at Best Western Valley Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear previous guest

It is wonderful to learn of your satisfaction and enjoyment with all aspects of your recent wedding held here at our hotel. It gives us great delight to learn of your feedback and kind compliments after all the hard work the team do to make it such a seamless and special occasion for you throughout the planning and the day itself. It was our pleasure and we look forward to welcoming you back perhaps on your first anniversary.. if not before!
With regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is a lovely place to stay if your room is not above the Bar and restaurant. Room 8 is particulary bad for hearing the scraping of furniture being moved around at 3 a.m. Also can be very noisey when weddings receptions are taking place. As room 8 is above the Bar. The window is near impossible to shut and is not double glazed. So all in all not much sleep. In my opinion this room should not be used. The Best thing about this room is the walk in shower and the view of the gardens.
I would stay there again but I would avoid room 7 and 8.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 7 & 8 if you need to get some sleep
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Previous guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at our property. I do hope that you brought your noise concerns immediately to our attention during your stay in order for us to rectify them for you. I will be investigating further your comments in relation to the noise and the window not closing efficiently, please accept our apologies for the disruption caused. I am pleased you enjoyed the stunning parkland views from that bedroom and I hope that all other aspects of your stay including the food and service met with your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back, please do contact us directly to make any future bookings where we can discuss and ensure all your requirements are met to ensure you a very comfortable stay.
Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Spent 3 days here last week-end to celebrate my Husband's birthday. We had room 19 which was excellent, large with a large bed. (Although weather was poor & room quite cold. but I don't expect heating end of June) All the Staff were professional and very pleasant. We enjoyed it and would not hesitate to chose this hotel for our next visit to Iron Bridge

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Based here for 5 nights 16/06/13- 20/06/13 whilst on a training course in Telford. I could not of picked a better place to stay. Attentive staff, great food, beautiful surroundings.I Will definitely be back, but with my wife and children on a leisure break.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Previous guest

I am delighted to hear that you were well looked after by our team whilst with recently staying with us for a week. We aim to provide a homely experience for all of guests but particularly those who are away from home for more than a couple of nights. I am sure our wonderful scenic surroundings were enjoyed during those evenings. We very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel soon.
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel for a family wedding. We were blessed with gorgeous weather and so the wedding was held outside. I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel even though I had read all the positive reviews posted by previous visitors. The quality of service and food during the whole weekend was excellent. Some of the rooms are a little on the small side but you get this at all hotels and it is a bit of pot luck unless you know the hotel really well. My husband and I were allocated a room on the ground floor that was fine, a little dark but comfortable enough. We decided to dine at the hotel restaurant on Friday night and had a superb meal together with excellent service from the young waiting staff. Breakfast was also very good and the hotel seemed to have everything well in hand for the wedding preparations and were very helpful and acoomodating. The wedding took place outside as the sun was shining and this made the occasion even more special. The wedding meal was again very good and I was impressed with the quality of the food and what was also very good was that the food was hot, no easy task when you are serving over 70 people. After the meal we were asked to take our coffee outside so that the staff could prepare the room for the evening. Once the room was ready an announcement was made and guests were asked to make their way back into the function room where the DJ had set up and tables had been moved to clear a space for the dance floor. The evening was brilliant and everyone had a great time. I really do have to complement the person in charge of staff training. The staff, particularly the waiting staff who are in the most quite young, are excellent and were always pleasant, knowledgeable and efficient - well done. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to others, it really is very good value. The only reason that I have not given 5 stars for my rating was because one member of staff was a little over officious when speaking to my husband, daughter and partner when they were sat having a drink on the bar terrace. This was after the wedding meal and in the brief time before we were allowed back in the function room for the evening entertainment. An announcement had been made asking wedding guests to return to the function room but my husband, daughter and partner had not finished their drinks and preferred to sit on the bar terrace for a little while longer. The member of staff concerned told them in no uncertain terms that wedding guests were not allowed to use the bar terrace during the evening and could not use the hotel bar (there was a bar in the function room for wedding guests). Whilst I totally understand that the hotel has other guests and it must be annoying when wedding guests spill out and use other areas of the hotel I do not take kindly to this dictatorial attitude. Wedding guests are not second class citizens and in fact as we were staying at the hotel for two nights I think we had as much right as anyone else to use whatever part of the hotel was available to other guests. Obviously if this is not the case then perhaps the hotel should advertise the fact. I am sure it was just a case of a member of staff speaking before thinking but it was not a good advertisement for future wedding parties and rather upset everyone when they heard this. I am sure this was a one off and would not let it stop me form using this hotel again. Ironbridge is a delightful place to visit, so many museums, antique centres, lovely shops and of course the riverside with its wonderful bridge.

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs seemed to be larger and certainly lighter with some having riverside views so if...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gemima
Dear Previous guest

We are very pleased to learn of your enjoyment of the hotel over the weekend that you attended a family wedding. All of your compliments of the food and service are greatly appreciated by the entire team. A wedding is a special occasion and I am pleased that our venue contributed to it being a truly enjoyable experience from start to finish.
We have noted and are investigating your comments in regards the way you were asked to move to the wedding reception area, please be assured that all of our guests are held in the highest regards despite their purpose for being with us, so please do accept our apologies for any discontent with this aspect of our service.
I am delighted that you intend to revisit us in the future; we really look forward to welcoming you back and helping you explore some of our wonderful local area.
Please do not hesitate to contact us when we can be of assistance to you.
Hereford
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful few days at The Valley Hotel in Ironbridge.We had DBB and the staff at the hotel made us feel very welcome right from checkin.
We found the hotel very comfortable and the food in the restaurant was first class.
A mention should be made of the restaurant staff who looked after us so well, nothing was a trouble even though we were always last to leave at breakfast.
The hotel is in a wonderful position for all the nearby attractions of the Ironbridge Gorge, and also the Air Museum at Cosford

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
boddison, General Manager at Best Western Valley Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear previous guest

We are delighted you chose our property to celebrate your very special occasion and that we were successful in providing you with a memorable stay. From all of us here we wish you many congratulations on your Golden Wedding Anniversary and we very much hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon. If we can be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Market Drayton
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Held a business meeting with over night stay. From the moment we arrived the staff could not do enough for us. We had lunch outside in the sunshine in the gardens over looking the river. The rooms were very good, comfortable and again garden views. Wifi through hotel. Excellent location for Ironbridge and all its excellent tourist attractions. Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear previous guest

We are delighted to learn of the success of your recent business meeting at our property. I am sure that our stunning grounds and surroundings are a welcomed break from the demands of business and work during such meetings. We hope to plan your next business trip with you soon and perhaps a leisure stay over aswell!
Thank you for your recommendation, we look forward to seeing you with us again soon.

With regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ironbridge
The Swan hotel smoke and taphouse
The Tontine Hotel
Buckatree Hall Hotel
Buckatree Hall Hotel
#3 of 21 in Telford
Telford Hotel & Golf Resort

Been to Best Western Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!