“Another great hotel”

Best Western Valley Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ironbridge
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Just spent two nights in the Best Western Valley Hotel and it was a real pleasure. The hotel was once owned by the famous Maw family who produced beautiful tiles and they are still present in this hotel. The hotel is in a wonderful part of the country and had lovely country views from our bedroom window. It was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The restaurant was one of the best and we had a full choice of breakfast. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 18 has an original fireplace, a four poster bed, a full sized dressing table and is a lovely sp...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for three nights, the setting was super and the hotel was busy beyond belief. The rooms are quiet small and the shower was one of those electric showers with a low water pressure which I do not like, however everything else was perfect. The breakfast was a great meal with lots of choice and very friendly staff.
In general the hotel is well located and very bust, that also goes for the restaurant which is booked out every evening so if you wish to eat there make your reservation early, we ate in the bar one evening and I have to say the food is also very good.

Room Tip: Book a room with a garden view if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RonBiggles
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I was here during a time that large parts of the country were getting a months worth of rain in a day. This cooled the whole country down by several degrees and I should not be surprised that my room was cold. The central heating was off but there was a small mobile heater in the room. After shutting the door and putting my bags down the next thing I did was turn the heater on. Point being I had booked a room weeks in advance, it was an obviously cold day and the heater was in the room so why was it not warming the room before I arrived? It was so cold I got into the bath and stayed there for more than an hour just to get warm!
Due to the rain I ate at the hotel. Food was good but a little over priced.
The building is actualy a group of main and old outbuildings artfully joined into one. Very well thought out. But made with little soundproofing Over all a good place to stay but get the heating on!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
boddison, General Manager at Best Western Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Previous

Following your recent stay at our property, we are sorry to hear that you experienced some problems with the heating, we have noted you comments for review. I am pleased you enjoyed your meal in the Restaurant and hope your trip overall to Ironbridge was enjoyable. We hope to welcome you back, so please do not hesitate to contact us when we can be of assistance to you.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Fabulous setting. Staff very friendly and helpful. The room I stayed in did need redecorating not as pictures on website I was disappointed, I booked 3 rooms 2 for single occupancy and 1 for double occupancy. The room given to the double occupancy was the smallest of the three rooms so not much thought given to allocation of the rooms. Cleanliness was good. The restaurant is the reason I booked this hotel as I ate there last year food excellent, but I must admit I wouldn't stay at hotel again, but I do like high standards so more then acceptable if you have average standards.

• Stayed: September 2012
boddison, General Manager at Best Western Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear previous guest,

We are sorry to learn that we did not meet with your expectations during your recent stay with us. We have taken note of your comments for review, particularly regarding the allocation of bedrooms which we will investigate further. The location of the hotel is fantastic and we are delighted that you enjoyed the restaurant and service. We do hope that you will consider staying at the hotel again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can provide you with any assistance.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Date of stay: 05-06 September 2012. We had a really nice two night stay at this historical hotel. The service was excellent and the location is really great for visiting all the historical sites / attractions in the area. Although the room was fairly small, it was comfortable, clean and, being at the back of the building, also very quiet - which we appreciated. Plenty of on site parking. Breakfast was wonderful and the staff very professional and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
boddison, General Manager at Best Western Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear previous guest,
Following your recent stay at our property we are delighted to learn of your enjoyment with all aspects of your trip and the hotel. I am sure you still have lots to see in the area, and so we very much hope to welcome you back soon. If we can provide you with any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This Best Western has a great evening meal and the breakfast is good also. Free Wi Fi, bathroom goodies, tea and coffee. The house was once the home of the Maws Family and features walls of art deco tiles. However, Pot luck with the rooms. Mine was like a cupboard, great for someone with mild claustraphobia and the mattress was very poor. Complaints fell on deaf ears and no other room was offered.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear previous guest,
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at our property. I am pleased to learn of your enjoyment of the in room products, free WIFI and the food in our award winning Restaurant. Please accept our apologies that the bedroom size and mattress was not to your comfort. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon. If we can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We enjoyed 3 lovely nights at this hotelin July. Staff were very pleasant and helpful and rooms clean bright and comfortable. Food was excellent. Great location for visiting the Museums. Would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ironbridge
Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel
The Swan hotel smoke and taphouse
4 mi away
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge
The Tontine Hotel
The Tontine Hotel
#3 of 3 in Ironbridge
Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge
Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa

Been to Best Western Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!