Best Western Valley Hotel
  • Room Service
$109
$71
$91
Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge(Telford)(Great Value!)
$160
$154
HolidayInn.com
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge(Telford)(Great Value!)
$59
$52
  • Pool
Park Inn by Radisson Telford(Telford)(Great Value!)
$73
$61
$133
$129
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
1,044 results
All reviewschez mawlovely hotelleisure breakwould highly recommend this hotelbuffet stylewithout exceptionfour poster beddale endbreakfast and dinnerthe main housewedding partyplenty of parkingsingle roomiron bridgepot roastold houseno lift
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We spent an evening here as guests at a wedding. The location is very impressive and the buildings that make up the hotel have some interesting historical features.

The issue we had with some staff members was the manner they spoke to some of us when moving us around the venue during the evening. Rather than using terms such as "Can I ask you to please move to......so that we can......." with a smile, we were addressed rather abruptly as "You can't be served drinks here, you have to be in the ........ room" and "Wedding guests can't use the garden, only residents can use the garden" (which was highly amusing as a large number of wedding guests were actually staying at the hotel). My personal favourite however was during the evening in the function room when I rested my lower left leg on a chair. I purposely made sure my shoe was nowhere near the chair so as not to cause damage but I understand that perhaps this wasn't what the staff wanted me to do. However, rather than being asked not to do this a member of staff merely clicked their fingers and waved at me to put my foot down. I'd expect that kind of interaction from a bus inspector, not a member of staff at a quality hotel!

Please accept this review in a constructive light. Other members of staff were perfectly polite and friendly; it's a shame that some of their colleagues let them all down by being rather officious and not thinking before they spoke.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lovetravelling012
Reviewed June 4, 2011

The main house is an elegant Georgian building and staying in one of the rooms in this part of the hotel is like stepping back in time. We found the staff to be welcoming and accommodating and a small problem we had was dealt with quickly and efficiently.
The hotel is set in beautiful gardens leading down to the Severn river and the Dale End Park, which in itself is also stunning and peaceful. Guests can walk through the park alongside the river partway into Ironbridge, or by the road; either only takes about 6 minutes, so the hotel is very conveniently situated for visits to town without using a car.
The breakfast was plentiful and delicious.
We would certainly stay here again if visiting this part of Shropshire.

Room Tip: Stay in the main house if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vivien97
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We got married with you on the 30th April 2011.
Frome the first visit when myself, my fiance [as he was then] and my mum come to look around we were greeted by a friendly face of the receptionist. We then met Lisa Snape who we brilliant, explaining everything we could have in our wedding and showing us the 2 rooms. We had 2 more venues to look at, but niether of the come close to the outstanding welcome we had recieved. We decided on the valley car park that you would be our venue.
Im so glad we choose you.
From then on you accomadated everything we needed from the room change to some of the tricky menu choices.
The food was outstanding.
The meeting the week before the wedding we met Sally who was brilliant.
On the day as a very nervous bride i was glad to be met by sallys cheerful smiling face, she made me feel very relaxed.
The severn restaurant was the wedding ceramony room and was set out beautifully, it was also the room for the wedding breakfast. The wedding breakfast was to die for. I had some many of my guest who commented on how excelant and tasty the food was. I had the salmon to start, that was lovely, the chicken for my main was a delight and melted in my mouth. My lemon,lime and honey cheese cake was the best ive ever tasted. My groom love his steak and the chocolate truffle torte.
Thank you Lisa,Sally and staff for the most memorable day of our lives.
3 of our guest our also hoping to book at the valley for their weddings next year.
Love
Mr and Mrs Lenton
[Rachael and Aaron Lenton].

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Rachlenton
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We have just returned from a lovely break at the Valley hotel. The staff were lovely and the food delicious. The room was a bit dark because it only had a small window but we did ask for a quiet room and we were up on the second floor in the roof. The bathroom was very clean and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YorkshireWeekender
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I recently stayed at this Hotel, mid week in March and although not one for writing reviews on hotels, I wanted to review another on here in another part of the country to stay in, so thought I would comment on this place. Although the room, dinner, breakfast were all acceptable and okay, if a little overpriced, I did not like the quietness of the place; no ambiance whatsoever; and almost like being in a morgue! You go over to the Mytton and Mermaid Hotel in Atcham, Shrewsbury and then you're talking, but Ironbridge suited our work commitments! The setting is beautiful, although you cannot get a telephone signal at all (be warned if you're on business). It was a Thursday evening, and the restaurant was deserted with possibly 1 other table filled, again the same with breakfast. The let down for me was the staff; I found them to be gossipy with each other, forced smiles, and sullen expressions, almost like everything was an effort. I would not recommend this hotel at all and perhaps they make their money/business up in the tourist season but they do need to train their staff up a little more I think in terms of dealing with customers.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Messylittleraindrops
boddison, General Manager at Best Western Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Dear Guest
Following your recent stay at our property, I am sorry to see that not all aspects of your stay met with your satisfaction. Please be assured that we take all guest feedback very seriously, and that comments have been given due attention.
I am disappointed that during your stay, the hotel appeared too quiet, this is most unusual, as we have been very busy with both corporate and leisure guests staying right throughout the week. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused with the mobile signal strength, some areas of the hotel do at times struggle to receive signal due to our location in the valley/gorge, however we are working with mobile providers to improve this service.
I was surprised to hear of your feedback regarding the staff, as we receive very positive feedback from guests regarding service from staff, your comments will be investigated with the relevant team leaders.
I am pleased that your bedroom and food met with your expectations, and that you enjoyed our location. I hope that next time you are in our area you will consider booking with us once again. Thank you for your feedback, and should we be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.