“Sublime Afternoon Tea”
Review of Restaurant Severn

Restaurant Severn
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Ironbridge
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our desire is to bring to our customers the best produce, sourced locally where possible in an interesting way using modern techniques. Our food is a mixture of modernised British classics and our interpretation of some wonderful European dishes. We've brought a range of wines from Europe and the wider world to give our diners a truly memorable experience. Whether a special occasion or "just because" we hope you enjoy your experience with us and look forward to serving you.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Thank you to Eric, Beb and their daughter for a beautiful High Tea in Ironbridge on a crisp November afternoon. My mum and our friends thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our tea time treat and we have already re-booked for the next one in January. Every aspect of the presentation, service and attention to detail were second to none along with the sublime champagne, savouries and pastries which made the whole experience unforgettable, shared with great company. Well done to all, excellent.

2  Thank ruthlewis884
hammer49shropshire, Owner at Restaurant Severn, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Ruthlewis884 thank you for your lovely review & super comments, word must have got out as we have had to turn lots away for January,not to worry you are all booked in so we look forward to seeing you. thanks once more. Eric & Beb chef patrons.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great team serving great food, dishes are always expertly cooked and innovative that also include the comfort of classical dishes. Real cosy atmosphere with a professional approach to service and quality, fully recommend a trip to Ironbridge Gorge finishing the day with dinner at Restaurant Severn

hammer49shropshire, Owner at Restaurant Severn, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Graham C Thank you very much for your review and very nice comments ,seeing that you come from Warwick reminded me of a time when I spent two hours driving around Warwick centre trying to find the university for an event we were attending, only to be told eventually that Warwick university was just along the road from the fire station in Coventry !! Having said that the city was lovely. Thank you once more & hope you visit Ironbridge again very soon . Thanks once more Eric & Beb chef patrons.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband took me for afternoon tea for my birthday having recently been to the Waldorf he knows I enjoy them. I believe this is relatively new for the Severn but have to say it was better than the Waldorf. Welcomed by a glass of champagne into their intimate dining room, the service was excellent. The food was all home made including the bread I believe! Everything was presented beautifully and tasted amazing. We enjoyed it so much we booked immediately for the next one in January. Thanks so much for making it so special.

1  Thank Kerry C

Dear Kerry C Thank you for your super review it was actually our very first Champagne high tea Beb & I decided to do it after having a very poor experience of afternoon tea at a quite prestigious hotel. We enjoyed doing it & it was a good job you re-booked as Januarys is now already fully booked. .It was very hard work & generated an amazing amount of washing up (which I did) due to all the crockery & dishes etc, but Beb really enjoyed showing off her pastry skills .Thank you once more & see you in January. Eric & Beb chef patrons

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I have to say that when I decided to take my wife to Iron Bridge for our anniversary it might end up badly but our visit to Restaurant Severn was fantastic. Both the food and the service was excellent. I'll certainly be back before too long. Thank you.

Dear Flash-arri Thank you for review & nice comments we are glad that your visit to us didn't let down your expectations & we look forward to your next visit .Thank you once more Eric & Beb chef patrons.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is fine dining at it's best, a small but perfectly formed set up. The food is excellent and hosts great , yes they do the cooking too. This is great value I promise you will not be disappointed.

hammer49shropshire, Owner at Restaurant Severn, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Nancy94-11 Thank you for your short but very sweet review . Yes Beb & I do, do the cooking & If we are off The restaurant closes, It does restrict opening hours (especially at my age!) but helps us try to maintain a decent standard & consistency, which we think is very important . Its a fair way from Plymouth but hope you have reason to visit Shropshire & us again. Thank you once more . Eric & Beb chef patrons.